FSX PABR Barrow Alaska Scenery Not Seeing Flames & Smoke

Prostock

I downloaded the fsx_alaska_airports.zip which is very nice free scenery. A group of us fly multiplayer and in the PABR Barrow Alaska Scenery, there are Oil Rigs out a little way from shore. Anyway, everyone that has flown it with me can see Smoke & Flames coming out of the what I call "Burn Off Pipes" over hanging the Tankers. This is what I'm NOT SEEING but everyone else can. (See Sample Screen Shot)

I should be able to see this effect and I'm not. In the zip file, there are NO Effects files to install so that's not the issue. I have gone through my Machines Scenery Graphic settings with other users and everything matches exactly.

The file does not include a readme file to contact the maker.

If someone has time & the curiosity to see if you can duplicate this, please do and post your results.

Any help would be appreciated.

My Computer:

Dell XPS 8930

i7 8700 6 core

Nvidia 1070

tartan-oil-drilling-platform-north-sea-1993-ac58m3.jpg

According to the ReadMe which comes with fsx_alaska_airports.zip, there's no mention of any oil rigs - just the airports and 'lots of eye candy'. If the oil rigs are included in fsx_alaska_airports.zip, they may require a particular scenery library with smoke & flame effect files to be installed as well. Ask your multiplayer buddies which scenery libraries & effects they've got installed and compare with your own.

A library search for the author, Dick Mohatt, results in two other files for Juneau AK 'and surrounding area' - "pajn_adex_rjm.zip" and "fix_pajn_juneau_ak.zip". Maybe these contain the missing oil rig effects?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Scenery FS2004 Scenery--Alaska Oilrigs

[ Download | View ]

Name: rigspa1k.zip

Size: 8,643,325 Date: 10-27-2004 Downloads: 5,284

rigspa1k.gif

FS2004 Scenery--Alaska Oilrigs. Comprises 13 oil rigs in the Cook Inlet, AK. These rigs are highly detailed and frame rate friendly. Each rig is slightly different. The rigs are based on pictures found on the Internet with some poetic license to simulate the model of an oilrig as best as possible. This is pack 1 of 4. This first pack has the following oilrig platforms: Grayling, Dolly Varden, King, Baker, Mto A, Mto, C, and the Dillon. A detailed map is included. By Donald Elliott, Munch Brothers Aviation.

This should work in FSX.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

According to the ReadMe which comes with fsx_alaska_airports.zip, there's no mention of any oil rigs - just the airports and 'lots of eye candy'. If the oil rigs are included in fsx_alaska_airports.zip, they may require a particular scenery library with smoke & flame effect files to be installed as well. Ask your multiplayer buddies which scenery libraries & effects they've got installed and compare with your own.

A library search for the author, Dick Mohatt, results in two other files for Juneau AK 'and surrounding area' - "pajn_adex_rjm.zip" and "fix_pajn_juneau_ak.zip". Maybe these contain the missing oil rig effects?

Right - The readme file if you want to call it that, does not mention any oil rigs, but they are there some how in everyone's scenery. Please take a few minutes if you have time and download & install the file and tell me what you see. It's an easy install & uninstall.

There are no special effects. It does not require additional downloads. We downloaded the file, installed & activated it. We spent a few hours researching before I posted my question here.

The other zip's you noted are Juneau Scenery and Juneau Fix which I have. They are both installed.

The issue is at PABR Barrow Alaska.

Thanks for your support. Brian

If this scenery uses default smoke and flame/fire effects, then yours are missing - this is what I see:

PABR RIGS.png

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

If this scenery uses default smoke and flame/fire effects, then yours are missing - this is what I see:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206936[/ATTACH]

Unfortunately I can't see your picture even when I click on it, it does not enlarge as others do. If you are seeing a flame & smoke, You are seeing what I am Not.

Could you tell me what your EFFECTS Folder Structure looks like. Is the Effects folder filled with Effects files & A texture Folder or is there an EFFECTS & TEXTURE Folder inside of your FSX EFFECTS Folder?

Thank you

Big time fire, smoke, and brimstone coming from the stacks at PABR oil rigs.

oil rig 1 PABR.JPG

oil rig PABR.JPG

There should be a Texture folder inside of the Effects folder. I wonder if these are them of which we speaketh?

effects.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Big time fire, smoke, and brimstone coming from the stacks at PABR oil rigs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206937[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206938[/ATTACH]

There should be a Texture folder inside of the Effects folder. I wonder if these are them of which we speaketh?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206939[/ATTACH]

FIXED IT - Somehow my Effects folder had another Effects folder inside of it with all my Effects in it. ALL FIXED. Thanks for the help guys.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Archived