WOAI - Yes another Question - FOLDER FOUND?? Why is it

Prostock

I noticed a New Folder in my FSX Main Folder called Aircraft & Inside that folder is a WOAI folder which is filled with over 75 Texture Folders.

Is it in the correct location?

What's it's purpose?

Should I move it and to where? If yes.

I do have a WOAI Folder with all of my AI located there.

This folder just seems out of place. I ran the AIFP3 and directed it to that Folder but it didn't find any plans to convert.

Thanks for shedding some light on the subject. Brian SEE SCREENS

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

While I don't know much about WOAI, it looks to me as if it is the folder that contains textures for the new AI traffic aircraft you installed. It's a logical place for that folder, and it should make it relatively easy to remove that stuff should you uninstall it. Or maybe it's a backup for the installation?

But, as I said, it's not a program I know much about -- just offering some thoughts.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

If the folder is named Aircraft it's for FS2004, you should delete it and download the FSX versions instead.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi,

It seems to be the F90 GA package from WOAI. One version for both FS9 and FSX.

All you have to do is move the WoA_UGA_DW_Beech King Air F90 folder (which contains the full AI F90 with several textures) to the actual FSX aircraft folder (:\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\).

You can then remove that empty Aircraft folder.

Regards,

DDP.

Hi,

It seems to be the F90 GA package from WOAI. One version for both FS9 and FSX.

All you have to do is move the WoA_UGA_DW_Beech King Air F90 folder (which contains the full AI F90 with several textures) to the actual FSX aircraft folder (:\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\).

You can then remove that empty Aircraft folder.

Regards,

DDP.

That's what I was thinking. But, it just didn't make any sense that when I downloaded the approximate 100 WOAI packages that it made that folder or something made that folder in my FSX root file when I directed all WOAI downloads to a folder on my desktop & work from there.

I guess I'll try moving the WoA_ file to my :\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\WOAI Traffic Folder & see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the input everyone.

When you run the WoAI installer it should have created all its aircraft folders in Simobjects/Aircraft and all its .bgl's in Scenery/World/scenery ? Did you say you are doing it manually? Theres really no need too. Could it be you have installed incorrectly yourself?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Archived