With a Seafire to the Faroe Islands (FSX)

peer01

Rob Richardson's new freeware Supermarine SeaFire on a trip from RAF Base Lossiemouth in Scotland to the Faroe Islands (Vaga Airport). The 8 Faroe Islands belong to the Kingdom of Denmark and are situated NW of Scotland, halfway between Iceland and Norway. Because of the strategic position in the Gulfstream, the Faroe Island were occupied by British troops in WW2.

FSX Gold Edition incl. Acceleration

Freeware Supermarine SeaFire Mk 46 for FSX by Rob Richardson

Freeware RAF livery by Peter Watson

Freeware Faroe V5 mesh & scenery by Peter Paulsen and Ryan Anderson

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

Freware Drzewiecki grass textures.

our trip starts about 100 Nm North-West of Scotland:

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

The landing in the reply*****

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Jan, beautiful model and pics, I have the Seafire myself although I haven't had time to give it a good shakedown yet. But I am troubled by photo number 6 - wings straight and level but the control column hard over to the left? You wouldn't happen to be on AUTOPILOT by any chance, you bad boy???

Happy Christmas!

Dave

My rig specs: ASUS P8Z77-V Rev3 IZ77 4D3 LGA1155; Intel Core I7 3770K Ivy Bridge3 5gHz/8Mo; SSD 500Go Agility3; DD SATA-III, 1To, 7200T, 64Mo cache; DDRAM III PC-12800, 2 x 4 Go; NVidia 1060GTX TI SC 6Gb 1563-E3 (not over-clocked); Power supply - 850W Corsair HX850; Windows 7 Pro 64bits, FSX Gold (SP1+2, Acceleration).

Hi Jan, how the heck are you my friend. :) Great looking freeware by the way, where did you get it if you don't mind me asking. :D

Anyway, top-notch shots as always!!!! :)

Hope you and Bianca had a great Christmas. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zippy, Rick, Dave, Bob and Adam: Thanks for all your kind comments my friends! :):):)

Zippy: It was a talented Dutch airman :rolleyes:

Rick: von Peerhovens never have troubles caused by humans.

Dave: you're very right, I used AP:o Easier to make inflight screen shots. didn't notice the control column over the left until I switched off the Auto Pilot......:o

Bob: you can trust me with any plane as you know..

Adam: we had a great Christmas, thanks!:) http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/ It's a fantastic bird:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, some great pics... (I just D/Led the Seafire recently - same livery - have not flown it yet).

Out of curiosity, I Googled the real-life Faroe Islands: Looks like a charming place to visit, with unique and just incredible scenery (as in your screen

shots). I'm limited to a virtual visit, however...

Hey! better late than never: I like the Faroes much. Never been (max to Cape Wrath, North of Scotland) but I like that place much!
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Thanks for your comment Larry :)

The readme says :The runway has transverse grooves for improved braking (not modelled), a turning area at both ends and, also at both ends, areas for emergency braking. These areas, established at an angle to the runway, have broken stone to give a porous structure for improved braking. The AIP declares that "damage to aircraft using the areas may be expected".

You'll understand this runway is only to be used by talented airmen like me! :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Listen Buddy: I made an eventful and dangerous flight, while you only parked your plane on a frozen airfield. That's one of the differences between you and noble me. There are more differences: nobleness, handsomeness.. etc etc :mad:
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Must be no mirrors in your house!;)

Based on personal experience I can say that yes, there were. But strangely, they were all covered?

I don't think they were sitting Shiva? Hmmm... Must be some other reason. :rolleyes: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Based on personal experience I can say that yes, there were. But strangely, they were all covered?

I don't think they were sitting Shiva? Hmmm... Must be some other reason. :rolleyes: -- Bob

Vampires don't have reflections in mirrors!:eek: As I suspected....Nosferatu von Peerhoven.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived