How to convert WOAI airplanes to FSX

Prostock

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great to hear!:D I'll keep an eye on the thread later to see if the default traffic shows indeed or if it needs a last little nudge.

Thanks for keeping an eye on the thread. So, it's been a few hours since I completed the WOAI installation. I have flown a few of my local airports as usual. Normally, meaning what I used to see with Default AI, was 737's, Cessna's, Mooney's & King Air's flying about & a lot of ATC Chatter. Now, since the install, I don't see any Default AI & ATC Chatter has stopped. Also visited EHAM at 7a.m. and it's dead also.

The airports I've observed at are KBOS which is Logan International Boston Massachusetts U.S.A., KPVD Green State Airport Providence, R.I., KJFK JFK International New York U.S.A. These are normally very busy, not so much now. There's a lot of AI grounded, eventually they do start moving out and about but not as the Default did. I did see an FSX AI Airbus 320 but don't think that's default???

I know it depends on particular Flight Plans but I've sat at these airports for more than 30 minutes each and have minimal movement and absolutely no Default AI.

I have Viewed the "Air Traffic" as you can see in the screen shot and there's plenty of AI about but not near me. I have my Air Traffic settings at 100%, all my setting are correct. I can post screens of those as well.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Thanks

fsx.png

You converted you said. But did you also delete the fs9 type files?

Traffic does take some time to get moving. That's normal.

I linked a thread earlier that explains how to use aifp to scan for fs9 type files and delete them. Read that again closely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, and every time you install more woai, the new .bgl files will again need to be converted.

Woai has flight scheduals of real world aircraft. And like in the real world those airlines don't visit every city in the world.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You converted you said. But did you also delete the fs9 type files?

Traffic does take some time to get moving. That's normal.

I linked a thread earlier that explains how to use aifp to scan for fs9 type files and delete them. Read that again closely.

First - I did not delete the Fs9 type files because (shown in screen), it was not necessary to do so if I know where the files were. Do they NEED to be Removed & Deleted, if so, I could not find the link you said you posted earlier on how to do this.

I've been sitting at KBOS Boston for an hour & I've seen 2 AI take off. It's 8 a.m. I sat for 45 minutes at KLAX at 11:30 a.m. and saw 4 AI movement. Something is Definitely Wrong.

Sorry but I'm a little confused on this. I used the AIFP program to Validate & Convert files and it changed the extensions to .FSX I'm still seeing only 1 AI on the ground at KPVD where I usually see 8 or more, no air traffic & no ATC. Very lost here. I wish there as a live chat we could do to get me through this. Waiting to hear.

Screenshot_1.png

There are 3 things involved in this, all important, so let's take them one by one.

1. Flight plans: If you have a mix of FSX and FS9 flight plans on your system (that is within the parts of the file system that FSX can see (the scope of FAX)), only the the FS9 flight plan AI traffic will show. The FS9 flight plans will have to be converted to FSX format, and then deleted or at least moved outside the scope of FSX. But since there's no use for them, why have them on the system at all?

2. AI aircraft models: Some FS9 AI aircraft models will show up in FSX, others will not. At least for those that do not show up, either replace them with native FSX models (for instance from FAIB) or convert them to FSX specs (look on the AIG website for this). Note that if the model does not show up, the repaints cannot either.

3. AI aircraft repaints (or textures): Again, some FS9 AI aircraft textures will show up in FSX, others will show up as black or not show at all. Again, for those that show up black or not at all, replace the textures with native FSX textures, or convert them to native FSX format. In addition, if possible, use .dds textures instead of .bmp textures where possible for better performance.

In general, for many, many AI-related questions it is worth taking a long, thorough look at the AIG website, where AI topics are covered in detail unknown (to me anyway) anywhere else.

Jorgen

Good points, Jorgen - If I may add to point 2:

2. AI aircraft models: Some FS9 AI aircraft models will show up in FSX, others will not. Try switching aircraft shadows off in your Display settings, this makes them re-appear at certain FSX airports.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

4. Airports for AI: On all the legs of a flight plan for AI, the airports along the way must have sufficient parking for aircraft of the size in that flight plan, otherwise the aircraft cannot go to that airport and the whole plan will not be flown.

Not sure about that.

My idea is that, if AI lands at an unsuited airport, it vaporises when or just after contacting ground.

But it will land, and the leg has been flown. You'll never see it taking off from that airport in real-time, that's true.

OTOH if AI comes from an unsuited airport that's outside the AI range (about 100 Nm I think?) it'll just spawn in the air and do his thing. No matter if the departure airport was suited or not.

Correct me when wrong.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

You must delete them. As I said:

let aifp delete them while converting.

Or, if you know where they are installe in fsx you can delete them by hand.

(not the ones that end in _fsx, those are the ones you converted. Delete the other ones.)

If you need automation, this is the thread I meant:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?282842-Where-do-AI-airplanes-go

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You must delete them. As I said:

let aifp delete them while converting.

Or, if you know where they are installe in fsx you can delete them by hand.

(not the ones that end in _fsx, those are the ones you converted. Delete the other ones.)

If you need automation, this is the thread I meant:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?282842-Where-do-AI-airplanes-go

It's too late to Delete while installing because they are all ready installed. I am viewing the Scenery\World\Scenery folder which I'm assuming the WOAI files that need to be deleted from are in (See Screen Shot Below). Are these what you're talking about Deleting, Just the Traffic files that look like this EI - Traffic_000_WoA_Aer Lingus_Wi15.bgl and leave the ones that look like this IE - Traffic_000_WoA_Aer Lingus_Wi15_FSX.bgl ?????

ONE more Question which is the Most Important I think - Where are my Default AI? - They are not showing in the sim. Do I need to do something with the Default AI .BGL File that is located in the Scenery\World\Scenery Folder?

Thanks for helping me. I feel we're getting closer to the solution.

Screenshot_3.png

Yes. With fsx shut down, delete those.

Sorry but Hala-Fricken-Luehia, FINALLY WOAI & Default AI Coexisting. IL88PP - It was not so much not understanding the instructions as to my Fear of making an irreversible mistake. Seriously, you have no idea how many times I have Uninstalled & Reinstalled FSX, ORBX, REX4 and all my Addon Scenery & Airplanes over the last 10 years. It gets' Old, Quick. NOTE: WOAI & Default AI working together!!!

Anyway, THANK YOU for hanging in there and seeing this through to the end. You deserve the badge of honor. Until we meet again. Salute!!!!

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Glad to hear. Happy Flights.:)

Btw, the default traffic,

the aircraft used to make it display are the default fsx aircraft files.

the trafficplans are all in one file:

trafficAircraft.bgl

in folder:

scenery/world/scenery

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think I'll be messing around with those but I appreciate the knowledge. My main objective adding AI was "Eye Candy" and having company while flying free flight from airport to airport. Makes the sim more interesting for sure. I'll probably dl some more AI at some point probably sooner than later.

When I add more AI, I assume that the AI I already have in place won't be affected when I convert the new one's using the AIFP Program? I assume it will just convert the new one's and won't touch the WOAI that I have already converted to FSX. Sounds right anyway.

To see if aifp finds the fsx files, just try it. Don't install anything just run aifp and click: "convert fs9 plans to fsx", select the fsx folder, run that scan and see what it finds. (you can always click cancel).

In case you don't want to see the default traffic any more at some point you can switch it off.

Close fsx

rename trafficAircraft.bgl

to: trafficAircraft.bgl.bak

start fsx.

to undo, just rename back to: trafficAircraft.bgl

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To see if aifp finds the fsx files, just try it. Don't install anything just run aifp and click: "convert fs9 plans to fsx", select the fsx folder, run that scan and see what it finds. (you can always click cancel).

In case you don't want to see the default traffic any more at some point you can switch it off.

Close fsx

rename trafficAircraft.bgl

to: trafficAircraft.bgl.bak

start fsx.

to undo, just rename back to: trafficAircraft.bgl

So I ran AIFP again just to see if there were any AI that it missed, all good no issues. I do have a couple questions you could help with (see screen shots for reference).

First - I was looking through Bulk Traffic tabs and ran "List Missing Aircraft in Traffic Files." The results below -What does this mean?

Second - What is the Black Square where the props should be on the Dash 8-100 Fruit Salad AI ?

Screenshot_10.png

Screenshot_4.png

The black squares are probably a prop texture in .bmp format. Try to replace those with one in .dds format.

Jorgen

Thanks for your reply. If I knew where to dl to replace them I would. And that brings up another point, this is Default AI, I wouldn't know where to find the texture file to replace. I'll live with it until I figure that out.

With WoAI, as far as I remember, you would install some TFS DHC-8 aircraft. Look through their texture folders and see if you can find s file named TFS_Dash8_Q400_prop.dds (might also be 100, 200 or 300, depending on which model of the Dash-8 you're looking at). Use this to replace the corresponding .bmp files.

The "List Missing Aircraft Used in Traffic Files" means exactly that - you have some flight plans installed that needs the aircraft mentioned.

Jorgen

Prostock,

Your misssing aircraft. Not a matter of "you'll need to go find them" like Jorgen said.

I have all the packages from WOAI, and very few mising aircraft. You having such a long list shows you probably did something wrong when installing WOAI.

Maybe you installed a few .bgl files manually. (by unzipping the woai files, instead of properly using the woai installer.)

------------------

Notice also we are talking about "missing aircraft" and that that is not really correct.

It's "paints of aircrafts" that are missing.

(For exameple it can be that in the 737-400 the "Delta" paint is there, but another one "British Airways" is not.)

You wil then get: "737-400 BA" is missing - message.

-----------------------------

Your black prop disk is a texture that is missing. Well, missing, FSX can't load it.

That can be because the plane's paint was made for FS9.

So yes, you can go an try fix it. But better would be to uninstall any FS9 WOAI packages that you seem to have installed, and install the FSX Woai packages instead.

Much faster.

You can find download links to the FSX packages on the WOAI site.

Be aware, the "FSX" WOAI will still have FS9-type .bgl files.

It's the textures that will be correctly FSX and display properly. You will still need to convert their .bgl trafficplan files.

---------------------------

I will help you through reinstalling/ fixing, properly, but not now.

It's a long process because I have to:

figure out what you installed,

figure out where you installed your stuff

explain what to remove and how to remove that

wait untill you have uninstalled it

tell you where to find th FSX packages

guide you through the install

etc

First I need some christmas time and new years. So I will help you through this, just not now. I've spent 5 days on this.

--------------------------------

Btw, start a new thread about those steps.

Leave this one as a guide to installing WOAI.

Don't let it turn too messy.

Your new issues are a completely new topic.

See you next year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First - I was looking through Bulk Traffic tabs and ran "List Missing Aircraft in Traffic Files." The results below -What does this mean?

The JFAI traffic .bgl's aren't WOAI flightplans, they're Just Flight Ai (JFAI). If you had Just Flight's Traffic X installed at some time, only the aircraft files have been uninstalled. If you remove or delete those JFAI .bgl's as well, those errors will disappear too. You should only have the default and WOAI Traffic .bgl's in your Scenery/World/scenery folder, all others can be removed or deleted.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Also, the small issues like missing prop disk file won's cause problems other then visual.

And missing aircraft textures (paints) will just not show up. So no issue either.

Just go fly, see you next year.

Btw, the list of missing aircraft window can be made bigger so you see all details.

The columns can be made wider too. So you can see exactly what's missing if you want.

I think the grumman won't be the default one. But if it is then that is fixable too. And it is not really a problem. Won't cause fsx to crash or anything. And it must been a missing long before you installed woai.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, the small issues like missing prop disk file won's cause problems other then visual.

And missing aircraft textures (paints) will just not show up. So no issue either.

Just go fly, see you next year.

Btw, the list of missing aircraft window can be made bigger so you see all details.

The columns can be made wider too. So you can see exactly what's missing if you want.

I think the grumman won't be the default one. But if it is then that is fixable too. And it is not really a problem. Won't cause fsx to crash or anything. And it must been a missing long before you installed woai.

IL88pp - I do appreciate your time & effort for sure. I know this has been going on for some time now & I'm really getting overwhelmed. I appreciate everyone's input. As far as I can tell, the sim is working fine other than a few little glitches here and there (another one see below @ KATL).

The texture file on the Dash 8-100 I can live with, it only appeared that one time so forget about fixing that.

As for the JFAI - I have no idea where they came from. The only Just Flight I installed was a Just Flight RAF Vulcan Aircraft which I've uninstalled.

So, my sim is working, I can fly on line & off line, no crashes and all seems to be good.

If YOU feel you'd like to pursue helping fix the "Mess" I've created, that's up to you. What I would like to do is make a post where only YOU IL88PP & I can communicate back & forth, either that or Private Messages. Although I appreciate the input from others, Too many chefs in the kitchen spoil the soup.

Contact me when & If you want to pursue the overhaul of my AI issues. Keep in mind, my original Objective has been achieved, getting the Default AI & WOAI to show up in the sim. I really don't care where they are going or even if they make it.

Thank you again & Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Brian

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Archived