Spanish Mosquito

GBJim

I stumbled across this Mosquito today, and as the story goes ; The Spanish Squadron Commander used it to haul lobsters from Villa Cisneros, back to his base occasionally. Undoubtedly, a few extra peso's were to be made. :)

Give me your honest opinion of what you think about this bird, I think that the texture is a little weak, but what do I know ? And if you know of a nicer one, please let me know about it. And also, notice that the Mosquito hops and the tires screech while rolling out. Watch it as it turns into the taxiway. What causes this my friends ? ? ?

m5.jpg

m4.jpg

m2.jpg

m1.jpg

m3.jpg

Short maiden flight video >>>>

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Jim - Watch the video again, and to me it looks like when you are making the left turn on to the taxiway, you are helping it, by kicking in the left brake.

The tail wheel is definitely coming off the asphalt and when it comes down, that's when you get the chirp, and notice the smoke from the left main tire and the tail wheel tire! I don't see the hop on rollout?

Nice looking plane! Rick :cool:

Rick, I wish that it was that simple, but it's not. I've had this happen with other planes also, even when fully stopped, and have even seen it happen with a float plane off of water. I'm surprised that you have never encountered it ? Regardless, it's no big problem for me. I'll make a short video of it hopping while it's stopped. Stay tuned.

Jim

Okeeeee Dokeeeee! I am sure there a lot of things I haven't seen yet. I looked for what you were describing, that was all I noticed! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

Rick, forget about it . I flew it again, and as hard as I tried, I could not make it happen ! It must have been just a phenomena, a set of circumstances that just happened, the phase of the moon, a Steam malfunction, or something ? ? ? Y'all forget about it. But if it ever starts up again, I'll tape it. :)

Adios

Yep, I pulled her out of the asphalt, threw some touch-up paint on her and all seemed well?

2018-11-27_9-10-49-459.jpg

Well, let's see what she does on landing?

2018-11-27_9-18-26-238.jpg

Looks good at a glance, but check out the tires on the main gear. Nice wheel landing, no hops or screech's here Jim! LOL! This one has been sent on a permanent vacation, right to File 13! Enjoy yours, Jim, you could have done a lot worse!

Rick :cool:

Looks good at a glance, but check out the tires on the main gear.

Rick, I'm sure if you call up the local FBO a line guy will come out and air up those tires for you with minimal difficulty. Just sayin'. ;)

Uich gwennen na'wanath ah na dhin,

an uich gwennen na ringyrn ambar hen.

Hi! my little pupil

Sure if you look on that site or even type 'mosquito FSX' in a search engine, you will find a variety of choice

On the other hand, the one you found might be a post WWII one. In that case, your mentor is not much up to that :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Jim, not a bad Mosquito at all!! :cool::cool::cool: Who's model is it?

Jan, it's the de Havilland Mosquito B.MkIV for FSX/P3D

Model and textures by: Dave Garwood & Derek Palmer

Merlin Sounds by Gary Jones.

The one that I am using flies great, but I'd like to find a camo livery like Mr. Zippy is using, possibly with a little better detail and texturing. Maybe Charlie will come back and tell us where he found his ?

m2.jpg

It's from CBFS. Mosquito B.IV I saw a couple of downloads from Flyawaysimulations. Just checking the File Library and found 2 pages of repaints for the Dave Garwood BIV Mosquito. Just type in Dave Garwood Mosquito in the file search.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes Jan, thank you very much, mine is by Dave Garwood also. Your British Camo version is beautiful. Now if I only knew how to paint ? ? ?

Maybe my Guru's will teach me ? ? ?

I flew the Spaniard again today and it flies very well. Here's a few more pics. >>>>

m6.jpg

m7.jpg

And another video. >>>>

Hey, my faithfull pupil! :), if you hold to that model, just type the model name, or the creator's name, etc. on a zip vault, or direct on a search engine as that should answer with some textures for that model

If not… well… you… should … have… either to fly with those textures, or… … to… ... change the base plane unluckily :)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

I stumbled across this Mosquito today, and as the story goes ; The Spanish Squadron Commander used it to haul lobsters from Villa Cisneros, back to his base occasionally. Undoubtedly, a few extra peso's were to be made. :)

Give me your honest opinion of what you think about this bird, I think that the texture is a little weak, but what do I know ? And if you know of a nicer one, please let me know about it. And also, notice that the Mosquito hops and the tires screech while rolling out. Watch it as it turns into the taxiway. What causes this my friends ? ? ?

Lovely shots Jim, and a great video too! never knew this baby served under Spanish colours! Although I would have thought it would have the traditional "X" markings of the Spanish air force? By the way its pesetas for Spain (till 2002 when it became Euros) and not pesos! Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No Jan, I was just curious about what Jim did as he was having some intermittent issues last evening with his original download. No, I have had it with the Mosquito downloads. The icing on the cake this morning, from the time I hit the "Fly Now" button, the nose took a dive straight down into the asphalt as you can see in the earlier pic. Contact points were all messed up, I got that somewhat straightened out only to have the tires sink into the runway during a wheel landing. No, I'll pass on the DeHavilland Mosquito's. Jim's got him a nice looking aircraft now! Rick :cool:

Archived