Terrible background sound that warps while turning!!

mikeyb2000

Hello all simmers!

I have a terrible problem that is driving me insane. While in FSX and while turning the aircraft either in air or on the ground there is a terrible background noise that sounds like I'm going through a time warp!

This is a link to a video that is not mine showing an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q6K9xV2Qcg

How on earth do I fix this?! Its louder than the aircrafts engines at times!

Thank you!

Mikey - Like Mabe has suggested, model and where did you get it from? Also, check your sound folder, see if you have the wav files that allow you to double click on them, to hear the audio sounds attached to each file. You might get lucky on finding the one that gets you agitated! I have had them before, and managed to find them and deleted them! Developers might think they are giving you an added "touch" and they are, and I won't tell you where you will feel it!:rolleyes: You already know that! :mad:

You might get a prompt to chose Windows Media Player or custom. Chose Media Player. You can then double click the wav files and you will get a short blast of the wav file. you may have to do this several times to verify if that is your sound or not!

Rick :cool:

Mikey - Like Mabe has suggested, model and where did you get it from? Also, check your sound folder, see if you have the wav files that allow you to double click on them, to hear the audio sounds attached to each file. You might get lucky on finding the one that gets you agitated! I have had them before, and managed to find them and deleted them! Developers might think they are giving you an added "touch" and they are, and I won't tell you where you will feel it!:rolleyes: You already know that! :mad:

You might get a prompt to chose Windows Media Player or custom. Chose Media Player. You can then double click the wav files and you will get a short blast of the wav file. you may have to do this several times to verify if that is your sound or not!

Did you watch the video I provided explaining the sound? It does not happen with default airplanes. It happens when I move the view with the hat switch and when I turn on taxiways. Maybe I will update my sound card and see if anything happens. I will try lowering my environment sounds as well.

Did you watch the video I provided explaining the sound? It does not happen with default airplanes. It happens when I move the view with the hat switch and when I turn on taxiways. Maybe I will update my sound card and see if anything happens. I will try lowering my environment sounds as well.

Mikey - I am at a loss, also, what it might be. I know some of my freeware downloads have included some corny wav files. The last one I had, I was taxiing in from a landing and all of a sudden it sounded as if I was be buzzed by jet aircraft. It turned out to be a file the developer thought I needed, it was called ambient air. I deleted and all has been quiet since.

Mr zippy thinks it is related to the sound card, and he might be very well correct in his thinking, usually is! BUT, he is also under the assumption that it is doing this with all aircraft and now you are stating it does not do this with default aircraft. So, if you can provide as my facts relating to this, such as type downloads, any one particular download by a certain developer, etc. I can only offer simple fixes that have helped me, but, maybe that was all my problem ended up being, something simple. Maybe, yours is a complex matter, that will take a lot of "hunt and peck!" Work with Mr Zippy and give him as much information as you can!

There I go ASSuming again! I was going by the post of "all freeware and payware aircraft" assuming the default aircraft were included. Moving the view with the hat switch and when turning on the taxiways.......are you moving the hat switch as you turn on the taxiway? Here's a quick test that might divulge some info..Take any one of your addon aircraft and label the sound folder as sound.org. That will eliminate that sound folder from being used. Now copy a sound folder from a default aircraft and try it. This way you can nail it down to be the sounds included with the addon aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Sorry, Charlie, for using that "bad' word. The OP originally said one thing and then, unbeknownst to you, discounted his default aircraft. When I said you were assuming, I should have said Mr Zippy is basing his thoughts on what you (OP) originally told him which sounded to me like ALL aircraft!

Rick!

Sorry, Charlie, for using that "bad' word.

Whew!!

When I first read your post, I thought he'd said "work" or something foul like that. This IS a family forum, after all.

Glad I went back and read what he'd said! What a relief... :p :o

Have fun, all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Whew!!

When I first read your post, I thought he'd said "work" or something foul like that. This IS a family forum, after all.

Glad I went back and read what he'd said! What a relief... :p :o

Have fun, all!

Pat☺

Come on Pat, you just jump in there to say hello? Can't help the OP?

Hey Mikeyb, watched the video; that is a classic (cross channel phasing) issue. Check your sound card settings and make sure the Audio Enhancements is turned off. For some unknown reason Windows 7/8/10 will intermittently turn this stuff back on after a reboot. It can add unwanted audio anomalies,

especially in the simulator. Also check the (playback device) setting in the simulator, (primary playback device). That can also cause these type issues. If none of these solves it, do a stringent backtrack on the last things you've added to the sim. This usually ends up being the culprit. Hope one of these might help you!

Cheers,

Aaron Swindle

Skysong Soundworks

Aaron

Archived