What happened to Hovercontrol

shadowr434

Tail rotor failure. It's not a question of IF but WHEN.

Sorry I couldn't resist - but this is a very sad loss to the community and I hope they can get back online soon.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Does anyone know what happened to hovercontrol.com? The site went down and has been down for some time now.

It's a victim of Jordans loss of interest, becoming increasingly apparent in recent months...

Dont expect it back any time soon. It is, as the expression goes, no Moore!

• 3 years later...
I know Im a few years late, heres your link to all items that were located on Hovercontrol. I know what you mean when it comes to creators, hell im still waiting for that sea version of Rorys that CH 53, not the sea stallion which i was the first to fly at Pendleton, its larger, heavier. heres your link. Rory did it first. https://sourceforge.net/projects/hcff/

Jordan was brilliant at Hovercontrol but personal life, many flightsims around to develop for, and he wasn't about to go changing and developing for anything past FSX. You can't really blame the guy. It was becoming a headache for him so he just pulled the plug. It was a darn great site too but I can't blame him wanting a life back.

May not be gone for long. Just saw on the SOH site that the onwner has renew his domain for another year, so maybe just redoing his site.

That's not necessarily an indicator on whether the site will be back up or not. Domains are like virtual real estate, you kinda want to hold on to certain properties. Even if they're not occupied...

For example, Elon Musk once owned x.com, the precursor to today's PayPal. The domain was still owned by the company that runs PayPal, but Elon Musk wanted the domain back for "sentimental reasons." So bought it back from PayPal for an unspecified amount if I can remember right.

If you go to x.com it just loads a txt document. Interesting enough, he uses GoDaddy... Yuck. LOL

PS:

You also have the option of paying for a domain on a per year basis or by multiple years. So if he paid for ten years it'll renew every year until then. Even when the domain expires, you have I think a month to pay up to keep it. Not sure if that's an ICANN thing or not. It's been that way at NameSilo.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

• 1 month later...
I know Im a few years late, heres your link to all items that were located on Hovercontrol. I know what you mean when it comes to creators, hell im still waiting for that sea version of Rorys that CH 53, not the sea stallion which i was the first to fly at Pendleton, its larger, heavier. heres your link. Rory did it first. https://sourceforge.net/projects/hcff/

Someone has completely redone that fantastic work of Rorys including the minesweeper version, or lets say the larger 53, which now in 2022 a newer version is coming out and HMX 1 has discontinued its CH53 Wing.

Still; the very best chopper in the field. Do a FSX search Rory Kelly CH53, alot of MAIW will come up but keep looking youll see a post directing you to the site, fine work.