A Different Type Of Leisure Flying... Slowly

HardCub

And now ... for something completely different. I decided to try flying a Diamond HK36R Motor Glider.

It's actually not too shabby. This beautifully designed freeware model from Premier Aircraft Design has a really awesome glide rate once you trim it correctly. The recommended settings for this model are "full realism" like the FSX A2A models.

Designed by Barry Blaisdell in 2004.

Seen here flying above the rural countryside near Camden, South Carolina USA in the Microsoft FS2004 simulator.

tn_fsscr020.jpg

tn_fsscr022.jpg

tn_fsscr024.jpg

tn_fsscr025.jpg

tn_fsscr027.jpg

tn_fsscr028.jpg

Microsoft FS9.1

Diamond HK36R Motor Glider (freeware)

FSrealWX

REX FS9 Soft Clouds

FS9 Evolution 2018 (latest version)

FSGenesis 19m terrain mesh

Ultimate-Terrain USA

Screenshots are not edited - only resized. Thanks for viewing. -Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Very nice indeed Glenn! That plane should have an awesome glide rate, look at the width of that wing span! The rest of the plane can't weigh all that much, so that makes for a very fun day with very little fuel burned! I like it! Thanks for sharing and nice photography also!

Rick :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Gerard, Jan and Rick - Thank you so much for the nice compliments on the screenshots. I really appreciate them!

(The beautiful earth textures are the handiwork of Sascha66. He is a true artist. This is the fantastic FS2004 texture replacement package called, "FS9 Evolution 2018". It truly changes the entire sim world.)

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Beautiful printscreens! Enjoying the world below Im sure!

This thread just brought to the surface some fond memories;

Barry Blaisdell, my very first mentor in the FS hobby!

He was always keen to help, and I did learn a few things with him, painted his Twin Otter, his Canadair Regional Jet, and have quite a few Shorts here still in the hard drive...mostly US vintage airline schemes.

Bless him.

Rc

Archived