Out of available memory

NAMD10

Hi all, my new I7 4.2 MHz with 16 gigs of ram and an Nvidia1050 card keeps shutting down flight sim X. I have scaled back the display settings and I get great frame rates but the program keeps crashing.Any help,tips,advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi all, my new I7 4.2 MHz with 16 gigs of ram and an Nvidia1050 card keeps shutting down flight sim X. I have scaled back the display settings and I get great frame rates but the program keeps crashing.Any help,tips,advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nothing to do with system RAM, or the amount of memory in your GC. You are pushing the limits of a 32-bit sim with what you have installed - addon scenery is the likeliest suspect but you haven't told us about ANY of those...

You need to read the article that CRJ refers to, it explains what an OOM error (what you are experiencing) is and some ways to avoid it. If you cannot seem to find his link, then look at the line "OOM errors? Read this." and then click on the word this.

Jorgen

I am sorry but your post makes me even more confused. I can't find his article anywhere. Can someone just please post a link?

Look at CRJ's signature. If you put your cursor over the word "this", you'll see that that IS the link. Click on it, and you'll see the article.

Sorry, but I don't know how to make it clearer than that....

Jorgen

I guess it's because I have signatures turned off. That's why I couldn't find it. I find some signatures too annoying so I have them turned off. Thanks to Loki I have the information I need.

I have the same problem and I have 16GB, I unchecked much of the scenery that I'm not using at this time.

Did that work then?

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

I guess it's because I have signatures turned off. That's why I couldn't find it. I find some signatures too annoying so I have them turned off. Thanks to Loki I have the information I need.

You didn't answer my question. Are you or aren't you using any payware aircraft? I doubt this would be the cause, but I'd ask anyway. Also, you were asked to copy your FSX.cfg as a backup and delete the one you have now and let FS rebuild it. Have you done that?

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

You didn't answer my question. Are you or aren't you using any payware aircraft? I doubt this would be the cause, but I'd ask anyway. Also, you were asked to copy your FSX.cfg as a backup and delete the one you have now and let FS rebuild it. Have you done that?

Huh? I think you are talking to the wrong person.

Archived