Manufacturers Plate on the Panel says 1933, Still fun to fly

Downwind66

Wow! I've never seen anything like that before.

Aaron - I knew about the Spartans, but never thought they went back in history as far as they did! After Jan put his Spartan on there, I went looking for a freeware download. They do fly nicely for as old as they are! The download I found, the aircraft is well equipped, but I doctor'd it up some. I could fly it into Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International if I chose to! It's a keeper and I do enjoy flying the taildraggers from time to time!

Rick :cool:

It's available in our very own library, for FS2004 & ported to FSX, also with plenty of textures.

Yet another great add-on by Milton Shupe.

P.S. His Howard is awesome as well!

Plenty of textures? The site I downloaded from, there must have been 20 textures to my download! I whittled the count down to 4, even that, is more than I really needed! It is a very nice download, very gentle plane to fly, being a powerful radial out front and it being a taildragger!

Thanks for commenting to my thread! Rick :cool:

After the discrepancy of what I thought to be 1933 on the manufacturer's identification plate on the panel and what I found to be the case of Spartans being manufactured from 1936-1940, I took a closer look at the ID plate with magnifying glass, and it could very well be 1938 (it's an older looking ID plate and my eyes aren't what they used to be)! For the sake of keeping my posts credible, I will gladly "stand corrected," and revise my thoughts on my post of my Spartan download having an ID plate stating it was manufactured in 1938!!! 5 years younger than I originally thought, but still, very old in anyone's standards! I am very old but I wasn't even "a twinkle" in my mother's and father's eyes back then. Matter of fact, they hadn't even met each other yet! Anyway, another mystery solved! 1938, my friends!!!!

Plenty of textures? The site I downloaded from, there must have been 20 textures to my download! I whittled the count down to 4, even that, is more than I really needed! It is a very nice download, very gentle plane to fly, being a powerful radial out front and it being a taildragger!

Thanks for commenting to my thread! Rick :cool:

I like it, I like it ! The basic M. Shupe that I downloaded only had 3 liveries. Where did you download all the others from ?

Thank you. - Jim

sp1.jpg

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Wow, only 34 built. I wonder how many exist today? If I were rich I might buy one if I could. That's a keeper.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

An awesome weather website with oodles of Info. and options.

Wile E. Coyote would be impressed.

The yellow livery is fine!

On the other hand, that yellow suits well with Jan habit of landing on water, which usually is blue. And rust may tend to yellow and reciprocally! :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

I like it, I like it ! The basic M. Shupe that I downloaded only had 3 liveries. Where did you download all the others from ?

Thank you. - Jim

Jim - I think the site was Rikoooo, no exageration, there had to have been close to 20. Give me a bit, I have been using 2 new sites for downloading!

Here's the link for the download. Says 47.7MB, but that is just for the zip file. I believe the total download was well over 100MB !

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/52/721

Rick

Thanks guys for all the nice comments! I like it, it is quite different from all the jetliners and the warbirds I have been downloading! It will get up and run, about the same performance as the Beech Baron, maybe a little faster if you keep the MP on up there!

Thanks guys for all the nice comments! I like it, it is quite different from all the jetliners and the warbirds I have been downloading! It will get up and run, about the same performance as the Beech Baron, maybe a little faster if you keep the MP on up there!

Hey Rick,

It probably is a little faster than Jan's. I suspect a painted surface would cause less friction than a rusty one! Plus this one seems to have a cleaner running engine as well. ;)

Hang onto yours Jan! It's probably only a little younger than you!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hey Rick,

It probably is a little faster than Jan's. I suspect a painted surface would cause less friction than a rusty one! Plus this one seems to have a cleaner running engine as well. ;)

Hang onto yours Jan! It's probably only a little younger than you!!

Michael

+1 on that one Michael! We missed your Jan comments while you were gone!

Downloading now. The cockpit looks well done, and I think that's either a modern AP or radio on the left there. Is that the ILS on the right in the co-pilot's seat? I have to get into the aircraft to check it all out.

OOM errors? Read this.

"The great thing about flight simulation is that in real life there are no do-overs." - Abraham Lincoln c. 1865

Downloading now. The cockpit looks well done, and I think that's either a modern AP or radio on the left there. Is that the ILS on the right in the co-pilot's seat? I have to get into the aircraft to check it all out.

Aaron - I just found some of my residual files I had left over from my download. I have one illustration of the panel which tells you what each item is. If you would PM me with an email address I can send these to you in zip format! If you don't need them, that is okay with me too! Just thought I would offer before they get deleted!

A beautiful plane and nicely presented Rick. :cool: :cool: :) One of my favorites with a nice panel and it's a great hand flyer.

Yeah Larry, I guess I stirred up some excitement on this old bird! I wish I had found this earlier! It does fly well, it is well equipped and quite impressive that Spartan aircraft had those kind of standards way back then! It will definitely remain a keeper in my arsenal!

Aaron - I just found some of my residual files I had left over from my download. I have one illustration of the panel which tells you what each item is. If you would PM me with an email address I can send these to you in zip format! If you don't need them, that is okay with me too! Just thought I would offer before they get deleted!

Looks like I have it right here form the installation.

5SbnZrm.jpg

OOM errors? Read this.

Archived