Anyone know what generates this?

Downwind66

Hi all, has anyone out there ever come across this? I have been trying to help GBJim with his Stearman download, mainly organizing his choices into one folder. I organized it on my end and sent him the completed zip folder. He chose 3 liveries out of 12. One livery worked, the other 2 had the black disc for prop rotation. My completed folder on my end, same as what I sent him, is fine, all 3 liveries work, no issues at all! He still has his old folders he hasn't deleted yet and I'm wondering if something old is trying to merge itself to the new folder.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204833[/ATTACH]

Rick :cool:

What does the stopped prop look like? Only one of the three liveries? Odd. I would be surprised if only one of the three used a different texture but it looks like that might be the case. Directories won't "merge" unless instructed to so by the aircraft.cfg file in which case diff dir will be used by diff liveries.

Suggest trying aircraft.cfg files from diff sources. Look at the aircraft.cfg file for the three liveries. The one that's acting up should look different at the top where the model and flight dynamics paths are specified. If that gets you nowhere, try restoring the model directories from alternate resources.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Mr Z - This download, nice, but what a mess, they have a mix of PT-13A's, PT-17's and just last night he tells me one of his selections was a PT-27, which I never noticed until this morning. He had 3 different folders for a minimum number of aircraft, and I was trying to tell him how to change the DNA on some of the aircraft to where he could consolidate his downloads into 1 folder. I told him to tell me what he wanted and I would put it together for him and send it to him in zip form. Everything went great, I flew all his choices this morning and sent him the zip folder and there was no doubt in my mind that folder would ever be a problem. I have never seen this happen, but maybe you have?

Mr Z - This download, nice, but what a mess, they have a mix of PT-13A's, PT-17's and just last night he tells me one of his selections was a PT-27, which I never noticed until this morning. He had 3 different folders for a minimum number of aircraft, and I was trying to tell him how to change the DNA on some of the aircraft to where he could consolidate his downloads into 1 folder. I told him to tell me what he wanted and I would put it together for him and send it to him in zip form. Everything went great, I flew all his choices this morning and sent him the zip folder and there was no doubt in my mind that folder would ever be a problem. I have never seen this happen, but maybe you have?

Not really! What was the original download zip file name?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mr Z - Didn't know if you saw the file name above. It was stear12.zip in this site's library

I have them downloaded and will look through them. I think there are different propspin.bmp files in several of the texture folders.

P.S. Your pics aren't showing!

The only thing I can figure is that when you combined the aircraft into one folder to send to Jim you may not have included the correct texture-common folder for each. Of the five original aircraft folders, the ones containing multiple aircraft had a folder called texture which acts like a texture-common folder for those aircraft. The texture folder contains the propsin.bmps.

These two look fine, if kept in original folder.

Stearman 287.JPG

FK107.JPG

May or may not have been kept in their original folder, I doubt they were. BUT, why do they work in my aircraft download and not the one I sent Jim?

They are one of the same?

The aircraft you are flying are the ones acting up on Jim's download! Is there a way to add those propsin.bmps to those textures?

Just transfer the appropriate .bmps to the texture.x folder.

Mr Z - Okay, GBJim just started over, deleted the consolidated folder, and then reloaded his aircraft using their original folder names, it took 3 folders for 3 aircraft, but he is back in business, and no more black discs for spinning props!

Mine, I left mine with the 3 aircraft in 1 folder, as it was never an issue! Oh well, Jim's has been solved, and that's what matters!

Thanks - Rick :cool:

Mr Z - And I have to agree with you, that is a nice looking Waco, which is what I originally was looking for but all I found, the appearance of the Waco's out there looked a little hokey. Not something that I would want in my inventory! But yours, Charlie, I do like. Do you have a link that I can use to find this one? Jim is the one who steered me towards the Stearman! And they are a good aircraft! But, I do like yours, for sure! Always room for just one more bird! Hear that Honey (my wife, not you Charlie)?

Let me know! Thanks - Rick :cool:

Here ya go....and don't call me honey!

SX - FSX Early Aircraft FSX Waco UPF-7 With 2D Panel Added

[ Download | View ]

Name: fsx_waco_upf7_updated.zip

Size: 16,055,247 Date: 03-07-2015 Downloads: 1,204

fsx_waco_upf7_updated2.gif

fsx_waco_upf7_updated.gif

fcq1.gif FSX Waco UPF-7 With 2D Panel Added. This is a panel update for the Waco UPF-7 Biplane by Tim Conrad. The package features a new 2D panel as the original model just had just a minipanel instead of a real 2D panel. Both panels are matched perfectly and are equipped with David Eckarts gauges he used for his FSX update of the Boeing Stearman Biplane, which are perhaps a little more authentic than the original ones. Also, the VC has been slightly enhanced. Included in the package are three beautiful paints. Original model and FSX update by Tim Conrad, new 2D panel and other panel configurations as well as new smoke effect by Michael Pook.

[TABLE=align: center] [TR=bgcolor: #EFEFEF] [TD]

[/TD] [TD]

[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Mr Z - Funny story, my wife and I had tile flooring installed and I was calling her from the kitchen, "Hey Honey...................." Our installer looked up with a sheepish look on his face and said "Yes?" I've been calling him Honey ever since!

This download looks nice, just what I wanted and it shows nicely from your pics! Thanks and have a nice day! And no, I won't call you Honey! :confused:

Thanks - Rick :cool:

Archived