Fly Away Simulations

svpst

Hey Zippy, I saw you made a comment, several years ago now, to be careful of some of FAS downloads, but I didn't find anything else. Essestially, I was asking do we think they are a valid part of the simming community, and they are not doing goofy things detrimental to FS and our community. I think I read somewhere that Rikooo was not to highly thought of and was just checking before downloading anything from Fly Away.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Hey Zippy, I saw you made a comment, several years ago now, to be careful of some of FAS downloads, but I didn't find anything else. Essestially, I was asking do we think they are a valid part of the simming community, and they are not doing goofy things detrimental to FS and our community. I think I read somewhere that Rikooo was not to highly thought of and was just checking before downloading anything from Fly Away.

I have used them for downloads when I could not find the same file here, AVSIM, or SOH. I have read threads at AVSIM where they badmouth Flyaway Simulations.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Rikooooo is fine, though annoying because they want a subscription for decent download rates. They work fine for aircraft if you aren't in a hurry, but I wouldn't be downloading large scenery packs from them because the download is likely to error out and they apparently never got zModem installed. ;)

I've gotten a couple of things from FAS. Never had any trouble. Overall I find the quality of freeware here and at Avsim higher so I don't bother very often.

I have participated in the forums and aircraft downloads from not only this site, but Flyaway Sim and Avsim. Some of the same downloads I find on this site, can also be found in Flyaway. I have downloaded off the Avsim site, but my personal preferences on aircraft types, can be more readily found on this site and Flyaway!

I will say that in seeking help on the forums for each site, I would have to rank them #1 Flight Sim.com, #2 Avsim and #3 Flyaway. This is in no way suggesting that anyone site is better than the other. On this site, you have many well seasoned veteran flight simmers willing to help in your questions. On the Avsim site, you have several moderators and members that can help, but you might be waiting a little longer on an answer. On Flyaway Simulations, you can always count on Mr Radarman to offer assistance. If he doesn't have the answer(s), he will usually make suggestions on where you might look to get your answers. If Mr Radarman is unavailable, you might be waiting on getting an answer, but that doesn't happen often!!

I have never read or heard of any one of these sites being badmouth'd! I think they all have a service and/or products they make available to us flight simmers, and I feel fortunate to have them all to "reach out to....." in my time(s) of need!

JMHO! - Rick :cool:

Gents, I appreciate the feedback, thank you for your input. I get most of my downloads here and in the distant past got some from Avsim but wanted to be sure before jumping in. Thanks again.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Archived