No Sound Opensky UPS 737/200 FSX

Prostock

NAME of Plane I dl'd from our files - Project Opensky Boeing 747-100/200

ISSUE: No sound

This is what's in the sound File. Does this mean it uses sound from an existing plane that I would already have & the reason for NO SOUND is I don't have the plane in my Folder? If so, where can I get sound file. Thanks

[fltsim]

alias=B737_400\sound

change either to:

b747_400\sound

(for the 747 sound)

Or change to:

B737_800\Sound

(for the 737 sounds)

(that's the folder names in fsx. in fsx it's a 737_800 and no longer a 737_400 that it was in FS9)

Thank you il88pp - That worked good. I am assuming since the Sound file info, 737_400, it's a Plane made for FS9.

Two more issues once sound was fixed. 1. No Panel No Gauges EDIT: PROBLEM #1 FIXED. COPIED AND PASTED PANEL FROM 737_800. HOPE IT ALL WORKS. Still have issue 2. Absolutely No Power. Kept crashing due to lack of power, it's like it only had 1/4 throttle. Any idea's? Thank you

Giving the name of the aircraft is of little help. Please give the filename. abcdef.zip as an example.

I forgot how I found it. I think I was looking though Hot 50 dl's, not sure if it was latest 50 or 1,2,3,4 days old. This is what the zip is called but when I search it, It says nothing found. Sorry. Here's what it is. o742_ups Let me know if you find it. Thanks MR Z

Here you go, Mr Z, no wonder he has had sound and panel problems!

Prostock - Okay, I read your post again, I see where you got the panel going. FS2004 planes most generally will work in FSX, but you have to think about replacing the sound and panel folders with FSX items. I see you copied and pasted a panel from a 737 (2 engine A/C) to the 747 (4 engine aircraft) might have something to do with the power like it's not giving you the extra 2 engines? I see Mr. Z has signed off, but I'll leave this with you both, maybe he can figure out the power issue. - Rick

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners

FS2004 UPS Boeing 747-200

[ Download | View ]

Name: o742_ups.zip

Size: 18,939,818 Date: 10-31-2007 Downloads: 1,249

FS2004 UPS Boeing 747-200, registration N520UP. Model by Project Open Sky.

Rick :cool:

Here you go, Mr Z, no wonder he has had sound and panel problems!

Prostock - Okay, I read your post again, I see where you got the panel going. FS2004 planes most generally will work in FSX, but you have to think about replacing the sound and panel folders with FSX items. I see you copied and pasted a panel from a 737 (2 engine A/C) to the 747 (4 engine aircraft) might have something to do with the power like it's not giving you the extra 2 engines? I see Mr. Z has signed off, but I'll leave this with you both, maybe he can figure out the power issue. - Rick

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners

FS2004 UPS Boeing 747-200

[ Download | View ]

Name: o742_ups.zip

Size: 18,939,818 Date: 10-31-2007 Downloads: 1,249

FS2004 UPS Boeing 747-200, registration N520UP. Model by Project Open Sky.

Rick :cool:

Thanks Rick - I'll see if I can find a 4 engine 747 in my airplane folder & swap out the sound & panel from that one. In the mean time, if anyone has a better idea, I'm open to try it. If this does not work........

The question would be: Can Airplane intended for Lesser Sims such as FS9, FS2004 & others be used in FSX without major modifications? Or is it a trial & error situation where I try different things or ask here. I guess the alternative would be to just find Free FSX releases.

Problem is I enjoy a challenge, getting things to work is more fun than just dropping them in & taking off.

Thanks for the help as usual everyone

Thanks Rick - I'll see if I can find a 4 engine 747 in my airplane folder & swap out the sound & panel from that one. In the mean time, if anyone has a better idea, I'm open to try it. If this does not work........

The question would be: Can Airplane intended for Lesser Sims such as FS9, FS2004 & others be used in FSX without major modifications? Or is it a trial & error situation where I try different things or ask here. I guess the alternative would be to just find Free FSX releases.

Problem is I enjoy a challenge, getting things to work is more fun than just dropping them in & taking off.

Thanks for the help as usual everyone

What I would do, if you have the default 747-400 in your FSX files, just copy and paste panel/sound folders over to your new download. Yes, on using "Lesser Sims" FS9/FS2004 aircraft for FSX, BUT, you have to plan on deleting FS9/FS2004 sound folders and panels, THEN, finding an appropriate FSX panel and FSX sound folders and then make the copy and paste and all should be good! In your case, I think once you get the 4 engine panel moved over to your new download, you should be in good shape, throttle and all! I have seen people use 4 engine panels for 3 engine applications, and there were no issues, just didn't look right. But in your download, you have a 2 engine panel trying to control a 4 engine application.

Good luck and keep us posted! Rick :cool:

Good morning Mr Zippy, what a thread to wake up to! Yes, I was a bit confused when closely reading Prostock's thread. I said, "Wait, he has downloaded a 747, but he is trying to use 737 components. I think he gets the jest of where he went wrong, but we shall see! He's like the rest of us, learning as he goes!

Have a nice day! Rick :cool:

When using a 747 panel and a good set of 747 engine sounds, instead of the aliased 737-800 sounds, it had plenty of power for takeoff and flight. The 737 panel does not monitor 4 engines so you don't know if all were fired up.;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

When using a 747 panel and a good set of 747 engine sounds, instead of the aliased 737-800 sounds, it had plenty of power for takeoff and flight. The 737 panel does not monitor 4 engines so you don't know if all were fired up.;)

Going to fiddle with it now. See if I can get it running on all 4. Thanks for info. Works great now. Thanks for the help

Archived