Need help

Prostock

I have another question about Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2. Are they specific to the game or are they updates from Microsoft that everyone automatically receives through Microsoft Updates your computer does randomly? Someone told me that the Service packs are included with the FSX-SE. Thank you

I have another question about Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2. Are they specific to the game or are they updates from Microsoft that everyone automatically receives through Microsoft Updates your computer does randomly? Someone told me that the Service packs are included with the FSX-SE. Thank you

SP1 and SP2 are downloads that you need to search for. I'll post links.

SP1.......https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1950/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-service-pack-1/

SP2.......https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8986

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thank you again. So I dl'd this FSX version of the Lufthansa 5 Starhansa Boeing 747-800i. In the read me it says "This is a complete and perfect flyable aircraft with panel and sounds , using the defaults of the Boeing 747". Problem I'm having with this one is when in cockpit view, there is no panel. It does contain a panel folder with information in it with the aircraft folder..... Any suggestions? I emailed the maker to see if he can help, waiting to hear. Thanks again & Yes, I'm having fun. Brian

You can't rely on a description in an upload. This aircraft does have a perfectly usable 2D cockpit and the VC is virtually useless.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204373[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204375[/ATTACH]

The pics are "in progress" you may have to click on the attachment.

Thank you Mr Zippy, you're very helpful & I appreciate it. Hopefully one last question. If I choose to un-install my FSX CD version, and I buy FSX-SE Version either from someone on Ebay or I choose to DL FSX-SE from Steam, Will the Service Packs be included with either of those or will I still need to DL them & Install from the links you provided? Brian

EBAY STEAM LINK. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-Steam-Edition-PC-Game/202358731788?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thank you Mr Zippy, you're very helpful & I appreciate it. Hopefully one last question. If I choose to un-install my FSX CD version, and I buy FSX-SE Version either from someone on Ebay or I choose to DL FSX-SE from Steam, Will the Service Packs be included with either of those or will I still need to DL them & Install from the links you provided? Brian

EBAY STEAM LINK. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-Steam-Edition-PC-Game/202358731788?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Service Packs are already in the FSX-SE. No need to worry about them.

Having another problem. I dl'd and installed a mission and then uninstalled it & deleted it. The problem is: When I launch the game, I get an error message: "Scenery CFG File Error. Invalid Remote Scenery Path in Scenery Area. 115. Click OK to Continue". I'm able to click ok and play the game without problem but seeing that error & having to click OK to get passed it is annoying. Any Ideas how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

I've recently had this very error myself. Area 115 is the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, and the error means that the scenery folder itself is missing from the Addon Scenery directory. Just open the Addon Scenery folder and create a new folder named scenery, and say goodbye to that error message on startup.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

If I choose to un-install my FSX CD version,

You certainly CAN uninstall FSX Boxed, it's your PC after all. But you don't NEED to to install FSX:SE. The two will co-exist on a HD, or a PC in general, very comfortably. Like a long time, loving couple in a small house. :)

and I buy FSX-SE Version either from someone on Ebay

I con't think you can buy SE off EBay. The best you could do is buy a code for their copy, and if they keep it and use it too, you'll get kicked out, or prevented from getting online to run YOUR copy, if/when they're online. You can only have one copy of SE at a time on a single PC, and Steam would think, with two people trying to use the same key code, that you're trying to cheat them and run more copies than you've paid for.

or I choose to DL FSX-SE from Steam,

That's the only way to get FSX:SE on your computer. No discs ever involved.

Will the Service Packs be included

Not only will SP1 and SP2 be included and already installed for you, but Acceleraton is also included and already installed in the FSX you DL and install from Steam. It's like finding FSX Gold (very similar set up) for a really good price. But without having to go through all the installation joys that come with all the different things you need to install with Gold.

Just tell Steam where to install, and sit back and watch. Or take a walk, or whatever.

Hope this helps!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

....... That's the only way to get FSX:SE on your computer. No discs ever involved.

Hope this helps!

Pat☺

There sure is a Steam on disk available for purchase.:D In various shops. Probably in your local online pc-shop as well. (Where you may have bought before, and can do (online) payments, through your local online banking for example.).

Here's an example of what the disk looks like.

https://www.flightstore.co.uk/aviation-gifts-c221/flight-simulation-c1326/flight-sim-software-c499/flight-simulators-c526/microsoft-flight-simulator-x-steam-cd-edition-p6970

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've recently had this very error myself. Area 115 is the Addon Scenery/scenery folder, and the error means that the scenery folder itself is missing from the Addon Scenery directory. Just open the Addon Scenery folder and create a new folder named scenery, and say goodbye to that error message on startup.

Thank you, I fixed it by removing the addon scenery.

You certainly CAN uninstall FSX Boxed, it's your PC after all. But you don't NEED to to install FSX:SE. The two will co-exist on a HD, or a PC in general, very comfortably. Like a long time, loving couple in a small house. :)

I con't think you can buy SE off EBay. The best you could do is buy a code for their copy, and if they keep it and use it too, you'll get kicked out, or prevented from getting online to run YOUR copy, if/when they're online. You can only have one copy of SE at a time on a single PC, and Steam would think, with two people trying to use the same key code, that you're trying to cheat them and run more copies than you've paid for.

That's the only way to get FSX:SE on your computer. No discs ever involved.

Not only will SP1 and SP2 be included and already installed for you, but Acceleraton is also included and already installed in the FSX you DL and install from Steam. It's like finding FSX Gold (very similar set up) for a really good price. But without having to go through all the installation joys that come with all the different things you need to install with Gold.

Just tell Steam where to install, and sit back and watch. Or take a walk, or whatever.

Hope this helps!

Pat☺

WOW. I just read all your replies, somehow I missed this post & continued asking questions. Thanks for the information... Hopefully I will make a decision soon.

I explained logged in. See earlier post.

Here's install paths info.

http://www.fsrijnmond.nl/PDF%20bestanden/FSX-Steam%20Ed_How%20to%20install.pdf

Simply installing acceleration disk is not that easy. The procedure is simply install deluxe, activate, reboot, add accel install, activate that, reboot. But, acadek needs to be installed on a clean deluxe install. Not an old one with addons and such. And sp2 must be removed first.

There are many old discussions cant steam, and about how to install. Use google to find info and answers too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I explained logged in. See earlier post.

Here's install paths info.

http://www.fsrijnmond.nl/PDF%20bestanden/FSX-Steam%20Ed_How%20to%20install.pdf

Simply installing acceleration disk is not that easy. The procedure is simply install deluxe, activate, reboot, add accel install, activate that, reboot. But, acadek needs to be installed on a clean deluxe install. Not an old one with addons and such. And sp2 must be removed first.

There are many old discussions cant steam, and about how to install. Use google to find info and answers too.

Sounds easy enough. I plan to Uninstall FSX that is on my PC and do a clean install of FSX-SE. That way I have the acceleration pack & SP packs. All should work out fine fingers crossed. Thank you

You don't need to uninstall the FSX you have installed. It and FSX:SE are apples and oranges to your computer, and never the twain shall meet.

FSX:SE doesn't give give a fiddler's darn what FSX you have, what SP you might have, anything. It goes ahead and installs fine. It has Acceleration, SP1, whatever, already built right in. You won't need to install anything, other than Steam, and then tell it where to stick FSX:SE for you...ahem.

It's probably best to have the computer freshly cold-booted before you install Steam and FSX:SE, but other than that...

I installed it the night it hit the market. I could afford 5 bucks for flight sim, and I'd seen a lot of good things about FSX, so I thought I'd check it out. I pulled out The Card (I actually do a credit card, believe it or not), got my lovely wife's permission, and told it to install on my D:\ drive. I loaded it up once it got done, checked it for a few minutes, and went to bed.

That was it. No muss, no fuss, no bother. I didn't reboot after it installed.

I never shut my PC down, unless I have to. Like to clean it every week, or if something manages to grab all the CPU cycles, and I need to kill it.

So, I go up the next day, and flew for a few hours, learning what FSX was all about. I liked it, and stuck with it like glue. I really love the carrier ops capability, which led me to the FSX BA Hornet, etc. Then, foolishly, I saw the thread for Kosta's Tweaks, and I was lost down the rabbit hole. I like to tweak things to try and make them better :)

Anyway, the point to all my rambling is that FSX:SE 1) has all that you can add to FSX built right in when it downloads, and 2) is easy as pie to install.

Good luck, and have fun, no matter what you decide :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Pat's right. You don't have to uninstall the disk version.

(But if you want you can. And as you see in the link I gave, if you do uninstall it, steam will install using the same paths as the disk version.)

when I said it's not that easy to install accel I meant the disk version.

You were asking about disk, then steam, then about a plane, and a scenery. In future when you have a different topic, better start another thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You don't need to uninstall the FSX you have installed. It and FSX:SE are apples and oranges to your computer, and never the twain shall meet.

FSX:SE doesn't give give a fiddler's darn what FSX you have, what SP you might have, anything. It goes ahead and installs fine. It has Acceleration, SP1, whatever, already built right in. You won't need to install anything, other than Steam, and then tell it where to stick FSX:SE for you...ahem.

It's probably best to have the computer freshly cold-booted before you install Steam and FSX:SE, but other than that...

I installed it the night it hit the market. I could afford 5 bucks for flight sim, and I'd seen a lot of good things about FSX, so I thought I'd check it out. I pulled out The Card (I actually do a credit card, believe it or not), got my lovely wife's permission, and told it to install on my D:\ drive. I loaded it up once it got done, checked it for a few minutes, and went to bed.

That was it. No muss, no fuss, no bother. I didn't reboot after it installed.

I never shut my PC down, unless I have to. Like to clean it every week, or if something manages to grab all the CPU cycles, and I need to kill it.

So, I go up the next day, and flew for a few hours, learning what FSX was all about. I liked it, and stuck with it like glue. I really love the carrier ops capability, which led me to the FSX BA Hornet, etc. Then, foolishly, I saw the thread for Kosta's Tweaks, and I was lost down the rabbit hole. I like to tweak things to try and make them better :)

Anyway, the point to all my rambling is that FSX:SE 1) has all that you can add to FSX built right in when it downloads, and 2) is easy as pie to install.

Good luck, and have fun, no matter what you decide :D

Pat☺

A big Thank YOU again Pat. I get what you're saying about not having to uninstall FSX in order to DL FSX-SE, it's just a personal preference of mine. Better to be safe than sorry, if it can happen, it usually does. I want to eliminate the slightest possibility of any conflict..... Can FSX-SE be played on steam in multiplayer or via I.P. connect as far as you know?

A few questions about other games I'm interested in. Please share your knowledge if you know anything about either game. Combat Flight Simulator 2 & Combat Flight Simulator 3 were pretty popular back years ago & I'm interested in getting one of them. Do you know if there is an online forum to play either of these games either through a server or via I.P. connect? Thanks for any help. Brian

Pat's right. You don't have to uninstall the disk version.

(But if you want you can. And as you see in the link I gave, if you do uninstall it, steam will install using the same paths as the disk version.)

when I said it's not that easy to install accel I meant the disk version.

You were asking about disk, then steam, then about a plane, and a scenery. In future when you have a different topic, better start another thread.

You are correct IL88PP - I didn't mean to cross the wires by going from one extreme to the next....... Please bare with me, I'm just getting back into FSX and it's a bit overwhelming at times trying to keep to topic and remember what topic I'm on. Getting older but that's no excuse. Thanks for your input as well.

Can FSX-SE be played on steam in multiplayer or via I.P. connect as far as you know?

Yes to both. SE is pre-setup for MP. Just click on the heading over on the left side. I don't MP, so I can't speak much about it. Best I can offer is that my lovely wife and I have made a number of flights networked in our own little world here at home, using FSX:SE's MP capability, and it worked very nicely. Easy to set up, super coordination and planes, you name it.

Combat Flight Simulator 2 & Combat Flight Simulator 3 were pretty popular back years ago & I'm interested in getting one of them. Do you know if there is an online forum to play either of these games either through a server or via I.P. connect?

I don't know a thing about either one.

Having said that, if you're looking for a real good way to go rampaging through a shared MP environment, shooting other players down, bombing their bases, and so on, look into VRS TacPack. It's an add-on software for FSX, including SE, that let's you spawn things like SAM sites, ground vehicles, carriers to land on or destroy, and a huge list of weapons to add to your plane for destroying all that fun stuff, and shoot down other players in MP sessions.

The only caveat is that any plane you want to use, other than the F/A-18E (I think it is) that you can get from VRS when you get TacPack, has to be TacPack enabled, and the weapons you MAY add to it are determined by the dev that enabled it. They call it their Super Bug. You'll hear a lot about it on the forums, I am sure. I am pretty sure, though, that when we get this next update out, the FSX BA Hornet will be beter. Heck, I think it's better now, but just an opinion...

Of course, someone designed and implemented a kit for "Adding TP to any plane".

I just got TP so I can help test and improve the FSX BA Hornet, so I'm still learning all the ins and out of TP, but it looks like a lot of fun. Still working on getting all the weapons placed correctly, with their weight and drag settings correctly set, but I did manage to shoot down a target drone the other day. Kinda fun chasing it down and killing it, although I doubt the drone felt that way...:pilot:

Does that offer any help?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes to both. SE is pre-setup for MP. Just click on the heading over on the left side. I don't MP, so I can't speak much about it. Best I can offer is that my lovely wife and I have made a number of flights networked in our own little world here at home, using FSX:SE's MP capability, and it worked very nicely. Easy to set up, super coordination and planes, you name it.

I don't know a thing about either one.

Having said that, if you're looking for a real good way to go rampaging through a shared MP environment, shooting other players down, bombing their bases, and so on, look into VRS TacPack. It's an add-on software for FSX, including SE, that let's you spawn things like SAM sites, ground vehicles, carriers to land on or destroy, and a huge list of weapons to add to your plane for destroying all that fun stuff, and shoot down other players in MP sessions.

The only caveat is that any plane you want to use, other than the F/A-18E (I think it is) that you can get from VRS when you get TacPack, has to be TacPack enabled, and the weapons you MAY add to it are determined by the dev that enabled it. They call it their Super Bug. You'll hear a lot about it on the forums, I am sure. I am pretty sure, though, that when we get this next update out, the FSX BA Hornet will be beter. Heck, I think it's better now, but just an opinion...

Of course, someone designed and implemented a kit for "Adding TP to any plane".

I just got TP so I can help test and improve the FSX BA Hornet, so I'm still learning all the ins and out of TP, but it looks like a lot of fun. Still working on getting all the weapons placed correctly, with their weight and drag settings correctly set, but I did manage to shoot down a target drone the other day. Kinda fun chasing it down and killing it, although I doubt the drone felt that way...:pilot:

Does that offer any help?

Pat☺

Absolutely Helps. That's what I'm looking for. Sounds like Combat Flight Simulator where you could so exactly as you stated, "rampaging through a shared MP environment, shooting other players down, bombing their bases, and so on". So I will definitely look into that. Where would I dl that? Steam?

Is there a program or a way to talk with one another besides through posting as we are? Such as FB Messenger or other program used in FSX. I've been out of the On-Line Flight Sim stuff for years. The last time I actually played On-Line was back in the 1990's playing Combat Flight Simulator where we used Voice Chats & could type messaged to each other while flying. We used to have a great time having squad practice, bomb runs ect. It was a blast. Thanks for the info.

Where would I dl that?

Try going to the VRS TACPACK PURCHASE page. It's currently going for $29.95 USD. Look down at the bottom of the page to select the sim version you want it for. You can also purchase their F/A-18E, fully TP enabled. Radar, FLIR, missiles, different boms, all that work on it. The weapons the Hornet can carry, naturally. Obviously, you can't carry an AIM-54 on a Hornet.

HOWEVER: There are some freeware aircraft out that are TP enabled. Dino Cattaneo' F-14, F-35, and T-54 work very nicely with TP. So does the, you guessed it, FSX BA F/A-18C v18.3. When we get done with the v18.4, it'll be even better, too :D

There are other freeware planes out there. You just have Google something like FSX Freeware airplanes Tacpack. You get the idea. Then there are the payware birds. I can't buy payware, as I am on an extremely limited budget. But you can take a look on the Flightsim Pilot Shop, right here on this site, to get an idea of what's available and for how much. Just look up at the top of just about any FlightSim page to find a link.

Is there a program or a way to talk with one another besides through posting as we are?

I know of TeamSpeak3 for such coms. There are a number of others, I am sure, but that's the one I've always used. a lot of people use it, and there are servers for different groups all over. Once you get involved in a MP situation, they'll tell you their preferred comms methods, and where to get it.

Hope this all helps!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Try going to the VRS TACPACK PURCHASE page. It's currently going for $29.95 USD. Look down at the bottom of the page to select the sim version you want it for. You can also purchase their F/A-18E, fully TP enabled. Radar, FLIR, missiles, different boms, all that work on it. The weapons the Hornet can carry, naturally. Obviously, you can't carry an AIM-54 on a Hornet.

HOWEVER: There are some freeware aircraft out that are TP enabled. Dino Cattaneo' F-14, F-35, and T-54 work very nicely with TP. So does the, you guessed it, FSX BA F/A-18C v18.3. When we get done with the v18.4, it'll be even better, too :D

There are other freeware planes out there. You just have Google something like FSX Freeware airplanes Tacpack. You get the idea. Then there are the payware birds. I can't buy payware, as I am on an extremely limited budget. But you can take a look on the Flightsim Pilot Shop, right here on this site, to get an idea of what's available and for how much. Just look up at the top of just about any FlightSim page to find a link.

I know of TeamSpeak3 for such coms. There are a number of others, I am sure, but that's the one I've always used. a lot of people use it, and there are servers for different groups all over. Once you get involved in a MP situation, they'll tell you their preferred comms methods, and where to get it.

Hope this all helps!

Pat☺

Huge Thank you again Pat. I will definitely take a look at all you mentioned. Should be up & running soon & I'm sure I'll have more questions. Probably should post new threads for those subjects. Thanks again

Glad I could be of some help. I know I get a bit verbose (Big word for the week!) sometimes... :p

I won't be of any help on CFS stuff. I haven't the foggiest idea about it.

In fact, most of my ideas tend to be foggy. Especially if I haven't had enough coffee. The water of life, coffee. :cool:

Have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived