So... Do I have any options today if I want to get Acceleration?

The Steam version of FSX, known as FSX-SE, will go on sale every so often for under $10. Otherwise, you can look on EBay for a bargain, if you are willing to take that chance.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

+ 1 with Mr. Zip. Steam is the cheapest, most complete, easiest, safest, and most efficient way to go.

Why gamble with buying damaged discs ? ? ?

Stop screwing around and thinking that there is a better way. There isn't. Go Steam !

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

OK, that seems fair enough. I'll watch for the next good sale. Thanks all!

Shadow - They are all for Steam, which GBJim has convinced me that it is a good move! Mr Z says they put it on sale every so often, Jorgen says frequently, but how long does that mean in reasonable waiting time. Ask GBJim, he just purchased his Steam, find out how much and where he got it. I don't think Steam gets near the asking price that FSX Gold required! If you are flying FSX and can wait, that's one thing, but if you're wanting what FSX and Acceleration offers, see what the going price is for Steam and "make the move" (I just love spending other people's money)! Just pay attention to the excitement you can hear in some of GBJims threads! He has convinced me, that when I have to make a move it will be with Steam!

Enjoy! Rick :cool:

LOL, Thanks Rick. Shadow, just keep checking here every few days >>>> https://store.steampowered.com/app/314160/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X_Steam_Edition/.

It normally sells for $24.99, I purchased it on sale for $7.49 about 4-5 weeks ago. I had missed the Black Friday sale back in December, when it was $5, but you can be sure that they will have one again in about November.

I had been using the old disc/boxed version of FSX ever since it's concept, and thought that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I was wrong. The Steam version is superior in every way. Don't gamble with buying damaged used discs from ebay, or any place else.

Check the FSX Steam site frequently. They can be pretty sneaky with their sales. :) - Jim

gb4.jpg

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

........Check the FSX Steam site frequently. They can be pretty sneaky with their sales. :) - Jim

The easy way to get to know if an item is on sell is to place that item in your 'wish list' - you will then get a message from steam every time it goes on sell...…..

Regards

Brian

Archived