FSX and Traffic Global

alanmimmack

I reported in another post that the Traffic Global forum had stated that when compiling a new AI flight within TG if your sim was FSX then an error was flagged up but if you had another sim say Prepar 3D version then the error would not appear. A forum member on TG tried both and found FSX wasn't as compatible with TG as other sims.

Time will tell but does anyone know what the issue is which flags up the error in compiling AI traffic in TG

I reported in another post that the Traffic Global forum had stated that when compiling a new AI flight within TG if your sim was FSX then an error was flagged up but if you had another sim say Prepar 3D version then the error would not appear. A forum member on TG tried both and found FSX wasn't as compatible with TG as other sims.

Time will tell but does anyone know what the issue is which flags up the error in compiling AI traffic in TG

Alan - Maybe someday, you'll be able to fly again? Why do you have to find somebody to tell you what the issue is? You paid good money for this program, why doesn't a staff member of Traffic Global tell you what the conflict is between their program and FSX? When we deal with freeware, we can search for answers to why a particular problem exists, seek answers from forum members and more than likely get our answers! That is trying to correct problems on freeware, problems with a product that has been afforded to us by the developers who work so hard doing so. BUT, you paid for this program, they should give you your answers!

Sorry to be blunt, but come on! Make them accountable for their product and any problems that come along with them! If someone were to tell you to get away from FSX and make the move to Prepar 3D, would you consider that as a good suggestion? I wouldn't! JMHO - Rick :rolleyes:

BUT, you paid for this program, they should give you your answers!

In an ideal world, yes.

My own experience is that production houses actually don't care about the end user that has already payed.

Because releasing unfinished products is more a rule than an exception in the whole gaming industry (*).

The first answer you'll get is they'll "transfer it to the developer".

I'm sure they do, but that developer is already struggling on a deadline to get the next product market ready.

No time now for bug fixes. We have to release the other addon in time (albeit unfinished again...).

And so it goes on and on...

Sometimes they'll give in, and offer a refund! Big deal!

I don't want a refund, I want the product as they're advertising it.

Wim

(*) Probably the 1st time I call FSX a game

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Wim - I for one am not a believer in ideal/perfect world analogies. I am a grown up and you don't have to explain to me what's going down here! I have a very good idea of what is going on, and for Alan to reach out to this forum for answers is absurd. He needs to take this up with Just Flight to get this resolved! Take a look at Alan's first thread to this forum on July 20th, 165 views with no replies!

Looks to me that he isn't going to get any help here! Now, tell me where he should go in an ideal world!

Let me tell you what I am a believer in. If you the seller have convinced me that your product is good enough for me to lay my money down, I expect for that product to perform as you have assurred me that it would. If it doesn't perform as expected, I would greatly appreciate you providing me with the support it takes to satisfy my expectations. If you cannot do that or you turn a "deaf ear" to my demands, then please refund my money in full and I will continue my search for a product that I will be satisfied with!

Don't suggest to your purchasers to go to Traffic Global forums looking for user comments that might correct the deficiencies their product is having. The comments Alan is receiving from their forum is: Traffic Global works great on Prepar 3D, but if you are trying to use it on an FSX application, it has been noticed it is not as compatible as other systems! Okay, then the seller ought to have been up front, and agree that there has been that assumption and be more than glad to refund Alan his money! I am sure there are more FSX buyers out there that are having the same problem, and the seller/developers should know by now, that yes, there seems to be a compatibility issue with using the product in an FSX environment!

I wish Alan well, and I think he knows my feelings as we have spoken many times via private messages.

Think about this Alan, you need some answers from those who sold this to you! If more unsatisfied customers come forward, they will have to fix the problem!

Rick :cool:

I purchased Traffic Global. It was clearly stated that this was an "Early Access" release, and that the program is still under development.

I have received several updates so far. Yes, there are problems, but nothing that seriously affects its intended function.

Remember, it is what is generally known as a Beta release. The Early Access forum at Just Flight is very active.

Cheers

Bob

Well, Bob, that is encouraging but it doesn't seem like he is getting any answers and the problem is hindering his being able to continue using FSX. He lives in the UK, near Manchester, so he is on a totally different time environment than what we have here in the states. He's not getting much in the way of replies suggestions on this site, I suggested that he try AVSIM, as I have seen a couple threads there about the program.

Maybe, he will see your post and send you a Private message?? Thanks Bob for replying to his thread. I am sure he will appreciate it!

Rick :cool:

I would just like to update and thank you all for your posts which is very encouraging. I watched the YouTube video recommended by TG. The presenter examined TG and explored the merits and those issues yet needing to be addressed. He identified the problem I explored of these errors and he just ignored them and in fact filtered them out. He argued that FSX was created a long time ago and airports have moved on so that a TG error saying an airport had no parking no longer applied (for instance)

I was then encouraged to do the same and set up an AI flight but now find I can't use the Test facility with a complicated error message which I have now thrown back to the TG forum. I will keep you updated and see if this is a TG problem I had put this issue to them earlier but it wasn't addressed.

I would add that if I use the save button below the test button that flight is added to the list. It is the test button which throws up the error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled TG with the usual precautions of silencing antivirus and Windows defender which is strongly recommended by TG forum. I would add also that it was a post on the TG forum by the person who reported this issue and not the forum staff.

Archived