Ever wonder what a 64-bit P3D screenshot looks like?

I can attest that having had FSX and P3D on my antiquated system are almost night and day in comparison. I've never tweaked P3D to be able to run it smoothly. On the terrain mesh and texture side of the equation, South America was fouled up mostly on the texture side in FSX. GEX Pro was the culprit until I decided to install FTX global recently. I've had global for quite some time for P3D and don't know why I never tried it with FSX...silly me. At any rate, I no longer have texture anomalies with South America now. FTX global cured them. Won't go back to GEX ever again for FSX.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

I can attest that having had FSX and P3D on my antiquated system are almost night and day in comparison. I've never tweaked P3D to be able to run it smoothly. On the terrain mesh and texture side of the equation, South America was fouled up mostly on the texture side in FSX. GEX Pro was the culprit until I decided to install FTX global recently. I've had global for quite some time for P3D and don't know why I never tried it with FSX...silly me. At any rate, I no longer have texture anomalies with South America now. FTX global cured them. Won't go back to GEX ever again for FSX.

Joe, if you did a graphics card upgrade to say a GTX 970, you would likely be able to run P3D pretty well. Your processor still has some life in it.

Henry, the 780 GTX is running everything quite well. Didn't mean to suggest P3D never ran smooth. It did and it has :) Yes, the 2600k has never let me down after being OC'd for so many years. I changed the liquid cooler only 2 years ago. This build hasn't been a disappointment at all, but I do plan a new build in the very near future.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

here is a shot with Orbx South American LC enabled. obviously better terrain mesh overall, obviously still an issue with this airfield.

to reiterate, picking this location for a comparison was a relatively poor choice unless you mistakenly thought the scenery was radically evolved from FSX.

happy to give you the info dump of my progression from FSX -> FSX-SE -> P3Dv3 -> P3Dv4 if you want it. for sure FSX and P3Dv4 are very different simulators.

487.jpg

Henry,

I see from your shot here of SPRF we're looking at the same thing. Perhaps the issue with both programs is the ORBX itself. I will disable it and see if that helps!

As to your question, why did I choose SPRF to look at? CRJ posted that he was trying to complete the five highest airports as part of the FSX rewards program and he was unhappy with SPRF in FSX and in P3D as well. Obviously SPRF was one he had to land at to earn the reward. I remembered it had looked like a ditch when I landed there with FSX years ago. So I went there with my new 64bit P3D and found it looked the same. That's obviously why I was disappointed. I have read a lot of articles saying how much better everything looked, flew etc, in P3D and I was hoping that was correct!

How that evolved to people thinking that I'm trying to shoot someone's dog, pictures over the ocean, etc. I still don't understand. I was just showing how SPRF looked to me with both FSX and P3D. My hope was that others wouldn't spend their money on P3D and be as disappointed with it as I still am!

I did notice that Mr Zippy and a few others had better SPRF shots. Now I need to find out how they got them and what scenery they used or turned off! And I got a personal e-mail from a friend who showed me his version of SPRF with the new X-Plane, it looked great there!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Peru

Sitting on the runway at SPRF

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203947[/ATTACH]

That looks very good!! That's what I'm looking for!! Please be specific as to what flight sim you are using!! Also what scenery add-ons or what you have disabled.

That looks very good!! That's what I'm looking for!! Please be specific as to what flight sim you are using!! Also what scenery add-ons or what you have disabled.

Using FSX with SP1 and SP2.....just like what's in my signature. All default scenery. I was going to try flying over the airport, but couldn't get it up!......the airplane, the airplane!:rolleyes: Will try something with a little more poop than the Baron.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Using FSX with SP1 and SP2.....just like what's in my signature. All default scenery. I was going to try flying over the airport, but couldn't get it up!......the airplane, the airplane!:rolleyes: Will try something with a little more poop than the Baron.

Thanks,

As I metioned I'll disable ORBX and see what's like then. I just wanted to verify I understood exactly what you were showing me...the airplane :p

Thanks,

As I metioned I'll disable ORBX and see what's like then. I just wanted to verify I understood exactly what you were showing me...the airplane :p

Yay! I finally "got it up" with a little tender loving care and gentle coaxing....THE AIRPLANE! Here are some scream shots!

san rafael.JPG

san rafael2.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I did notice that Mr Zippy and a few others had better SPRF shots. Now I need to find out how they got them and what scenery they used or turned off! And I got a personal e-mail from a friend who showed me his version of SPRF with the new X-Plane, it looked great there!

glad you got it worked out. P3Dv4 is a very good platform.

dont know if you are handy with ADE but would be a minor exercise to fix the elevation problem with this airport to match the mesh of your choice.

OK PROBLEM SOLVED!

I found while using both FSX & P3D that if I disabled "ORBXOPENLC_SOUTHAMERICA" The problem went away. Samples of both below.

SPRFP3D.jpg with P3D

SPRFFSX.jpg with FSX

I guess it's still a question of Ford or Chevy?

Archived