Views of Terrains Around Dijon, France

Hi!

News from France that time. As I was long due to update my Terrains du Dijonnais freeware (GA terrains around Dijon, France mostly), I finally followed with that after I had finished the airports I use with my Boeing 737-200! I should send that update/standalone to flightsim sites likely early next week. It's mostly a freeware for local use of course :):) and the pics here reflect that. Thanks for looking!

CAUTION!! Some mismatch from my part made that I uploaded non-clickable pics. Thus here the suite, some clickable followed by the same which are not :) Sorry for the inconvenience :o

terrdij001.jpg

LFGI, the terrain where I trained for my PPL, the home to Robin aircraft, the workhorse of French GA aircraft

terrdij002.jpg

After takeoff from LFGI. Dijon is in the background

terrdij003.jpg

From there up to the horizon, along the wooden delineation, here is the Burgundian 'Côte des Vins,' all the major wines worldwide!

terrdij004.jpg

The' arrière-côte,' West of the previous, is a scenic area

terrdij005.jpg

The 'arrière-côte' too

THENCE, those pics have no larger pics with

(in that order: LFGI, takeoff from LFGI, the Côte des Vins, the arrière-côte, the arrière-côte 2, LFEP a small terrain further West still (they organize a aerial meeting every four years), LFSD the former Dijon-Longvic AFB, which now turned a civilian airport)

terrdij001.jpg

terrdij002.jpg

terrdij003.jpg

terrdij004.jpg

terrdij005.jpg

terrdij006.jpg

terrdij007.jpg

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-5da6/k2-_951f3249-8fe4-4a40-85e4-51d515d734df.v1.jpg

Your Dijon shots really cut the mustard. (English colloquialism and bad pun) :rolleyes:

I've been having problems uploading shots lately too. I used to be able to upload large batches

that would stay in the correct order but now I can only do them one by one.

A drag-and-drop system would be greatly appreciated. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Thanks Larry and Azzaro for the nice comments!

Azzaro: my knowledge in English-speaking colloquialisms is about null. Thank you much for the quote, which should please all my Dijonnais co-citizens! :):) Who, on the other hand, like me, love and use mustard a much in any case :) (I have not seen the pun however)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

France he most visited country in the world.

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

France he most visited country in the world.

Thanks for your comment. Glad to here that! :) Burgundy, and Dijon my home town however are not the all of France!

Tourists usually first go and visit Paris, of course (how romantic, Champagne, etc.) :) then the Châteaux de la Loire (a former residence area of French kings, how romantic, etc.) :)

Burgundy and other regions of France -- and there is a lot -- are mostly known of connoisseurs who visit for such or such specialty :):)

The Dijon mustard shot reminds me of a little song we sang when I was a child. "He's too old, he's much too old. He's too old to cut the mustard anymore!" The song isn't nearly as cute now that could be said to apply to me as well!!??:mad::mad:

Hey Jan, how old is too old??;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Can someone pass the Grey Poopon, please? Great shots, Gérard. Never been to the Dijon or Burgundy regions of France. Paris once and then the rest of the time in Southern France. Pezenas, Montpellier, Sete, Perpignan, Ceret. Bicycle riding along the canals Du Midi and Robine.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks Michael, mrzippy and Jan for the comments!

Glad mrzippy you visited France. South is fine too, and, mostly like everywhere in France, they have also good food, and wines :)

Michael: 'how old is too old??' When one's dead! :cool: And I think the best about that, further, is to die in a perfect health condition and the latter available possible :):):)

Jan: looks like you visited Burgundy? Hey?!

How old is too old??;) Michael

The real question is, Too old for what? You're always too young or too old for something.

Enjoy where you are and what you can do at that time. Then you'll always be the right age.

And that's all the philosophy you'll get from me. Now back to fart jokes... -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The real question is, Too old for what? You're always too young or too old for something.

Enjoy where you are and what you can do at that time. Then you'll always be the right age.

And that's all the philosophy you'll get from me. Now back to fart jokes... -- Bob

Come On Bob!! Don't start getting all teary eyed on us!! :o:o

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hey! Best lentil in France are from a city named Le Puy (or Le Puy-en-Velay) and it's farther South from Burgundy, in Auvergne! And never mustard with lentil!! :):)

Gérard. For you, Le Petomane! A uniquely French performer who

probably consumed vast quantities of legumes. À votre santé !

LePetomane-363x500.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey! Best lentil in France are from a city named Le Puy (or Le Puy-en-Velay) and it's farther South from Burgundy, in Auvergne! And never mustard with lentil!! :):)

Very true! Just a small drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar. Is it dinner time yet??

Gérard. For you, Le Petomane! A uniquely French performer who

probably consumed vast quantities of legumes. À votre santé !

LePetomane-363x500.jpg

Bob, I'm sure he is a distant relative of mine. I have many of his abilities.:eek::rolleyes: Now where's that can of air freshener??

If you fart a little

Now that's downright impossible! Just like having to pee like a racehorse and saying Oh, I'll just pee a little bit and hold the rest for later!":confused::eek:

Archived