Menu bar disappears When AI Is enabled

Garciamk3g

Hey guys I'm back for those who know me......Having a bit of trouble with My FS9 This has been going on for years since I've had FS9 Installed on my pc but I've simply Ignored it. So here are the Symptoms..... I'll be as clear as I can be sot hat hopefully someone out there can help me resolve this issue. :cool:

I Love my FS9 as most of us do our own, Pretty minor Issue but Annoying at times, This only occurs When Flying With AI Traffic, Once AI Traffic is enabled after about 5 minutes into the flight (@ Random) sometimes longer the menu bar starts to flicker then it disappears....Once it disappears I cannot bring it back. The sims has no stuttering flies just fine but the flickering is quite annoying and not being to access the Menu bar is a bit annoying as well AI is enabled.

I have done a massive amount of troubleshooting but I Just cant find the solution, considering that this is only happening when AI Is enabled I'm Almost certain it's AI related.

AI installed, WoA

System Specs listed Below

Intel i7 2600 3.4GHZ, 16GB Of Ram, GTX970 (Asus Direct Mini 4GBvr) FS9 and FSX Are installed in separate Drives.

I'ts been an issue for quite some time, I've done various troubleshooting to no avail. I've ran Multiple utilities to organize AI ans best I Can with the little bit of knowledge I've Removed Flight plan Bg'ls that I've found that has missing Aircraft's, I've searched for missing Textures, ect ect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this has been the most hardest problem to solve out of the many I've resolve over the years I've had my beloved Sim.

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

Update If I Pan while this is happening the sim Does Freeze up Any Idea?

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

Very much doubt that but thanks for the input, It only happens when AI is Enabled and in the VC, I've had this Sim for quite some time and within that time I've been performing upgrades meaning its happen on older Video Cards as well.

For Example this sim was running on an older machine, and even then i was having this problem, although @ the beginning i Didn't have the issue, this issue started about 3 years after the Sim was Installed. It's going on 8 years now since I've been maintaining this Sim and everything is fine with the exception of the the problem being Mentioned here.

Just Recently a friend of mines gave me a computer that he was planning to throw away, (Dell 990)

I used (Sysprep.exe) to strip the Drivers installed from the older machine's hardware on the existing OS, The older machine was a Core 2 Quad Q9650, and transfer the the existing OS Install to the newer machine the i7 2600 so that I didn't have to perform a Re-instillation of Windows and loose the critical files My flight Sim's both (FS2004) and (FSX) depend on (Both witch are installed in their own personal drives)

I accomplished this and now have everything running on the second Computer As it was on the previous one and I still experience this Issue.

Guess I will never find the answer to this Mystery as nobody seem's to have an Idea as to what may be causing this :-( a well, guess I'll just have to fly in spot view while AI is enabled as it doesn't seem to happen while in spot view, Only while flying within the VC on all aircraft's with AI Enabled Bummer.

Just a Re-cap of the symptoms In case someone has an answer

1.) Flying in Virtual Cockpit AI Traffic Enabled Menu bar starts to Flicker then Disappears- If I Pan around and try to get the Menu bar back the sim Freezes and strange black bar appears at the bottom of the screen.

NOTE: If I Don't try to get the Menu Back after it disappears and just continue to fly the sim continues to run just fine.

2.)Flying in Spot View with AI Enabled everything runs as it should no problems whatsoever.

3.)AI Disabled Flying in VC or Spot View Everything runs as it should no problems Whatsoever.

So it only happens in VC Mode with AI Enabled... I sure hope someone has an answer to this Mystery cause I've tried solving the issue to no Avail.

Here are Recent test I've done Via ACA2017: FS9 MODE

1.) Air File Errors=No Errors Found

2.) Model Map Errors= 12 aircrafts Found (Non AI Realted)

3.)Texture Map Errors= Texture Folder in (FLTSIM SECTION) does not exist for 26 Aircraft's (Non AI Related) Easy Fix will be taken care of that today

4.) Tittle Entry Errors =No errors found

5.) Aircraft in Flightplan not Present in FS= No Errors Found (I've Fixed the issues found from previous Scan)

6.)Aircraft not Assigned to Flightplan=(Only Non AI Aircraft's are listed as, Aircraft not assigned to Flight-plan, I believe that's Normal)

7.) Errors in FLTSIM Numbering= No Errors Found

Which VC is this happening in?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

@ Tiger1962 Thanks for the reply Seems to be happening on all Aircraft's It crossed my mind that perhaps it was a Texture Issue with one of my aircraft's VC, so I Downloaded a a new aircraft from the Library to give it a Test but the problem still continues.

In this Video you will see me going into the traffic settings while in the VC and set AI on shortly after the Menu disappears, once it disappears I will try to bring it back then the Sim Freezes look towards the bottom and you will see the black bar.

I just uploaded the video so the quality low but will improve as YouTube process the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg2qHySyZMk&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the video, it really helps a lot - looks like you're also using TrackIR or similar which might be a factor in this issue - check for updated drivers! When you're selecting Traffic from the drop-down menu and the pop-up window appears, the rest of the screen goes black and that shouldn't happen. This is what the problem is, not the AI traffic, and it's probably the graphics anti-aliasing settings which are too high. If you use nVidia Inspector, try re-setting everything back to default and then switching one or two settings back on and testing to see which one(s) cause the issue.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

@ Tiger1962 Thanks for the Input will work on that Right away (Glad I Posted the video) You are correct I am using TrackIr and also using Nvidia Inspector had to resize the image do to its size I hope its visible.

Current N-Vidia Profile Settings

Untitled-1.jpg

@Tiger1962 I have tried your suggestions but the problem still occurs....guess I'll just have to fly spot view when using AI and not VC at least until a fix comes up.

WoW! After So many years dealing with this problem I May have finally found the whats causing this, Will check tomorrow as I Am to tired right now to give it a test. I found the Possible solution Here for anyone else that may have a similar issue. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/324164-fs2004-menu-bar-problem/

Another Site with similar Problem https://community.vatsim.uk/topic/23744-menu-bar-disappears-fs9/

Yet another https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?291553-Revisiting-quot-Disappearing-menu-bar-quot

Turns out that DBS-Walk and Follow may be my problem.

Walk and Follow by DBS was the culprit just did a 4 hour flight via Air-hauler with AI no problems to report...My sim is finally at 100% after many years of tedious maintenance :-)

I use Walk and follow to perform Screenshots so I Dint completely get rid of the .dll files , I just simply moved them in a Temp folder within the Modules folder for now.

Great news and well done! DBS have had 'mixed reviews' for a couple of their products and their various side-effects - I once had their Follow Me, which worked fine at small one-runway airports, but went wild at big International airports where you really needed it. I avoided their other products after that.

Great news and well done! DBS have had 'mixed reviews' for a couple of their products and their various side-effects - I once had their Follow Me, which worked fine at small one-runway airports, but went wild at big International airports where you really needed it. I avoided their other products after that.

Agree! Thanks for the help, really appreciated it's a shame they never did a fix for it :-( Pretty handy utility.:cool::pilot:

Archived