still winter on FSX?

CessnaFlyer

What's this gonna be? The 2nd or 3rd time you've wiped out your computer? No dang wonder you have so many problems.

lol well the 2 CTD's are also causing problems. but if you uninstall just the flight simulator and all the add-on planes I have it leaves a lot of stuff in the registry. and I don't want to put a messed up flight sim on top of it's self if that makes sense? that's why I reformat instead of just uninstall/reinstall FSX. so another words I should just leave it as is and someday on all my saved flights it will be spring?

giving up on flight simulation for good:D

I'm doing this from my laptop. but I am reformatting the gaming pc as I speak. because I'm getting more errors then carter has pills. but the date time and season thing was not the result of the flight simulator being messed up? another reason I was going to re-install FSX was I was reading that textures and scenery can cause CTD's if they are not compatible with FSX. well I had 2 scenery's that where not compatible with FSX. I am also wondering if the Fence textures I was using are also incompatible? something about it fixed missing Fence textures. and I also had default aircraft texture blur files as well. so I will see if that's causing the CTD's.

When you save a flight with "make this the default flight", fsx will from then on start with that flight set ready for you to fly. Including everything that was saved with it. Time, date, plane, location, etc.

To restore the default flight (trike), is quite easy.

The g3d error can be stopped by installing free fsuipc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm doing this from my laptop. but I am reformatting the gaming pc as I speak. because I'm getting more errors then carter has pills. but the date time and season thing was not the result of the flight simulator being messed up? another reason I was going to re-install FSX was I was reading that textures and scenery can cause CTD's if they are not compatible with FSX. well I had 2 scenery's that where not compatible with FSX. I am also wondering if the Fence textures I was using are also incompatible? something about it fixed missing Fence textures. and I also had default aircraft texture blur files as well. so I will see if that's causing the CTD's.

You're obviously launching into the default flight directly.

Bad Mistake.

Set your sim to show opening screen so you can modify or amend the default flight before you launch...

What is the problem here is a lack of basic understanding of FSX, its menu systems and how to control it. If you set a date and time in a saved flight your GET the saved date and time when you open the sim. Same for the weather. So don't do it, and you won't.

This of course can be fixed with the payware version of FSUIPC or by just opening the sim to the loading screen and confirming or amending the settings before you launch the flight. Which you surely have to know after all this time with the sim.

that's what I did was use e default C172. then all my A2A stuff is cold and dark. and as far as the G3d.dll I did have FSUIPC installed. I guess the time/date and season in the save flights i'll just have to live with I can just set them when I load the saved flight that's all. huh?

that's what I did was use e default C172. then all my A2A stuff is cold and dark. and as far as the G3d.dll I did have FSUIPC installed. I guess the time/date and season in the save flights i'll just have to live with I can just set them when I load the saved flight that's all. huh?

That's what I do.;) You're still keeping your flight preferences, just changing the time.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

If you use "make this flight the default flight", then yes, you need to set time and date manually before starting the flight.

If you also want to change location, do that first. Or time will change with location. (local time changes with location, so set location first, then time.).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I flew over the Scottish highlands today and everywhere was green fields till I got there and the hills were full of snow.

Col.

Yes, I just did the same thing.

Having said that I will note that isn't terribly unusual for this time of the year in the Highlands. I can well remember going skiing one year in mid-May at the Aveimore ski area. It wasn't wonderful snow and sun facings areas were bare. But there were still hundreds skiing there that day.

According to Wunderground it's about 45F there right now and got down to 33F this morning. So I woulnd't be surprised to see snow RW in the mountains with green in the flats.

I just "flew" there is FSX and yes it still shows snow in the mountains as well as the rain.

I'll include a screenshot here. If you want to see ore that I just took go to the FS Screen shot forum. I'll load them there.

Rupert

3.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

well I will see what happens? I did a fresh install of windows. bunch of junk I got rid of games I hated ect. so hopefully I can get every thing back together and things will work. and hopefully I won't get the terrain.dll and the G3d.dll any more either :eek:

You're obviously launching into the default flight directly.

Bad Mistake.

Set your sim to show opening screen so you can modify or amend the default flight before you launch...

What is the problem here is a lack of basic understanding of FSX, its menu systems and how to control it. If you set a date and time in a saved flight your GET the saved date and time when you open the sim. Same for the weather. So don't do it, and you won't.

This of course can be fixed with the payware version of FSUIPC or by just opening the sim to the loading screen and confirming or amending the settings before you launch the flight. Which you surely have to know after all this time with the sim.

no what I do is I do let it come up to the main screen to the free flight page. then I just load one of my saves. I thought the season changed automatically in the sim. but from now on I will change that when needed. how much is the payware version of FSUIPC? and what does it do different then the free version?

Archived