Juliaca Airport (SPJL)

Juliaca Airport (SPJL) in Peru. Took a jaunt down from KMEM with a 747 Cargo Charter to one of the world's highest elevation airports, at 12546 feet! Upon a successful landing and downpower, it was found to be rather sparse. No place to quench my thirst.

2018-3-26_0-33-21-92.jpg

Anyone know of a FSX freeware update for this runway?

Thanks

That had to be a hard landing, I would send out if they have A&P to check out your landing gear

Yes! A guy who was of South America and on that forum when I was myself on my first period :) had learned me that airliners in such high-altitude airports are using either special tires or maybe underflated ones, I don't remember exactly

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Nice, pic. :cool: :cool: It can get pretty dry at that altitude. I bet if you look in the galley of the 747 you can find a drink of something. :D

That's certainly been true on every 747 flight I've been on!!:cool: Though I have to admit, I've never been on a 747 cargo run.

How long is that runway??

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

"Nice, pic. It can get pretty dry at that altitude. I bet if you look in the galley of the 747 you can find a drink of something. "

Michael,

Well- the flight took ~9 hours and I wasn't sure at first why the loadmaster was snoring so loudly....

Runway 12/30

Dimensions: 13780 x 148 feet / 4200 x 45 meters

Surface: Hard

Runway 12 Runway 30

Coordinates: S15°27.59' / W70°10.56' S15°28.44' / W70°8.38'

Elevation: 12552 12546

Runway Heading: 117° 297°

Actually, I'm not giving you the answer you're looking for IE: Freeware. But I flew there yesterday and found the airport to be pretty well depicted in ORBX Global. If I find time today, I'll go there and attempt a couple of shots.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Heck of a spartan area but it was fun getting the Jumbo in there.

I took a few random flights with a 737 and a full load to test the area.

Lake Titicaca is impressive- Found out Juliaca is nicknamed the Windy City....

Fun area to test yourself and see some impressive topography.

Thanks for the shots Michael!

Archived