NAV Questions

Xptical_New

I would recommend flying along a flight plan, the LGC V243 VNA V362 AMG.AMG2 , the AMG2 is a STAR, or standard terminal arrival route to KJAX, this provides altitudes and class 1 navigation to the degree of accuracy required by the fat to reach destination. In the real world you would get vectors.....instead why not look at all charts for KJAX and fly a feeder route to an IAF, the IAF is usually in parentheses. From there, adhere to all altitudes and lateral navigation to let down. 0f4cb104b7709c1e561440e75df101a4.jpg655453d8717a5665dd2e5658296bf78d.jpg

So what I have included would have you fly @5000 feet. While Navigating the 139 course to CRG at roughy 30 miles from CRG turn right to an intercept heading for the 136 to CRG. You could cross ORTAR at 2000, switch to LOC, track inbound and start down at GS intercept.....I hope that helps. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry , but you do need to study (read) , and make an effort , quick and easy won't hack it ,

at least the OP displayed a determination to tackle the topic and a desire to learn about it ,

he should be thoroughly commended for his attitude .

you need at minimum the good basics .

The OP has the choice , he can take the advice of those of us that are IFR rated in Real Life , and hence have an understanding on the subject , or ignore it .

I still advocate that he read at least some of that material , better still all of it and tries to become very familiar with it .

Cheers

Karol

My advice, based on my 1100 hrs IFR Multi-engine TT, is to ignore RW advice in the ab initio phase, and concentrate on the sim's own Learning Center.

I'm not sure why you choose to impose real life practices and procedures which are not simulated in FSX?

K.I.S.S.

I would recommend flying along a flight plan, the LGC V243 VNA V362 AMG.AMG2 , the AMG2 is a STAR, or standard terminal arrival route to KJAX, this provides altitudes and class 1 navigation to the degree of accuracy required by the fat to reach destination. In the real world you would get vectors.....instead why not look at all charts for KJAX and fly a feeder route to an IAF, the IAF is usually in parentheses. From there, adhere to all altitudes and lateral navigation to let down. 0f4cb104b7709c1e561440e75df101a4.jpg655453d8717a5665dd2e5658296bf78d.jpg

So what I have included would have you fly @5000 feet. While Navigating the 139 course to CRG at roughy 30 miles from CRG turn right to an intercept heading for the 136 to CRG. You could cross ORTAR at 2000, switch to LOC, track inbound and start down at GS intercept.....I hope that helps. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Disagree: Break it down into simple elements starting with the basics of VOR navigation, then VOR and accessing the airport and runway, then ILS and Localiser, then Glideslope. Then add in GPS and switching between nav sources...

The charts are a futile waste of time for someone who can't read a chart. That comes later, as it does in the FSX Learning Center...

The charts are a futile waste of time for someone who can't read a chart. That comes later, as it does in the FSX Learning Center...

And in real life.

The OP has the choice , he can take the advice of those of us that are IFR rated in Real Life , and hence have an understanding on the subject , or ignore it .

Or perhaps take it from those who have taught IFR in the real world (along with teaching a few other things), and keep it simple to start with. Learning is like building blocks, start with some very basic stuff then, once that is understood, progress to a bit less simple then, once that is understood, progress to still less simple then...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived