Gold Coast and Brisbane

Having enjoyed the sunny happy summer views recently posted on this site, I thought I'd go down and take a look myself. ;) And yes it's really green and pretty there now!

gc0.jpg

gc1.jpg

gc2.jpg

gc3.jpg

gc4.jpg

gc6.jpg

gc8.jpg

gc7.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi!

Why going into a country down under, where stones will fall upwards ?!! :):)

And toilet water spins anticlockwise when you flush!;)

P.S. Great shots Michael!:o

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks guys! I really enjoyed the small amount of time I spent in Australia several years ago. In fact I was offered a job there, including all moving expenses plus free land etc. if I stayed there ten years. I still wonder if I made a mistake by not taking it?

Kenny, now that I live inland in North America almost any real ocean water looks nice and blue to me!

BTW: I just downloaded some pretty nice looking Australian freeware scenery from ORBX. So I'll probably make another "trip" down there soon. ;)

Michael

downloaded some pretty nice looking Australian freeware scenery from ORBX

HI! Excuse me for the question, but I personally also downloaded some freeware from ORBX but seems to need to have their global paying thing, like they said on their download pages. Doesn't it? I just got folders with a lot of zips inside. Anyway to use that outside the way they say? :)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Michael, what Island do you live on? I use to live in Huntington Beach for several years, the waters were always ugly looking (I understand not Island). I since move to a small town in North central AZ in the high desert mtns thank goodness. When I was a pilot back in the 70's, I sometimes use to fly over to Catalina Island, I never saw blue water like your great pics. Kenny

Hey Kenny,

Whilst I was a chopper pilot for the USMC I was stationed more than once at the MCAF Santa Ana. During that time a buddy of mine and I were stupid enough to rent an apartment on Malibu Beach. The sand came right up to the sliding glass doors of our unit and it seemed perfect! Sadly we soon discovered that was the worst place in the world to live if you actually had a job!!?? Not just on weekends but seemingly nightly terribly drunk or high women and/or men banged on our door and offered to do whatever we wanted to do with or to them if they could just crash for the night in our apartment!! They didn't seem to understand that we were usually due on the flight line at 05:00 hours seven days a week!! We ended up moving back into the BOQ and only spent time there when we actually had a chance of having a day off until our six month's lease ran out.

And yes we flew over Santa Catalina a lot and once my buddy and I actually checked out a little powerboat from Special Services Long beach and took it to Santa Catalina. We found the babes looked truly hot but the water to and from surely was never very pretty!:o

Happily, later in life, when I'm far less likely to get into trouble, I discovered a place on a great little island called Bonaire which is one of the Netherlands Antilles in the Caribbean. You can stay there during the winter with 75-90 F temps and rent it out during the summer to the Swedes and Netherlands people who really love 100+ F temps!!?? (You've probably heard of Aruba. There are three islands called the ABC islands. Aruba, Bonaire, & Curacao which are part of the same group.)

Bonaire has beautiful clear water for diving or water-skiing and it also has great winds for sailing. But the best part is it's tucked in so the hurricanes go just to the north and it hasn't been hit by one in at least 200 years! KNOCK ON WOOD!!

Scuba.jpg

Bonaire.jpg

swim.jpg

That first picture of a snorkeler was taken from inside a glass bottom boat Jacques Cousteau had built.

Michael

Michael, what Island do you live on? I use to live in Huntington Beach for several years, the waters were always ugly looking (I understand not Island). I since move to a small town in North central AZ in the high desert mtns thank goodness. When I was a pilot back in the 70's, I sometimes use to fly over to Catalina Island, I never saw blue water like your great pics. Kenny

Hey Kenny,

I just realized what you were asking. My statement was I live inland! However , as noted on this site, I have found a great little island to hang out on fron time to time

Thanks for sharing Micheal, The ocean never impressed me but that is me, and I was born in unfortunately in SoCal. Since moving to north central AZ in the high desert mtns, people that have visited my old area in Huntington Beach (199,000) say how could you leave such a beautiful place. I told them you are only visiting it, live there and you will see how much you like it, all the traffic, smog overcast & population. I live in a small town of 15,000 very clean air, I don't even have to have my truck smog tested. Kenny

I know what you mean Kenny! I can well rue the days we'd be flying West in the mid-late 60's to Santa Ana and see the brownish-gray smog up ahead!? Totally clear on one side of the mountains and often so smoggy you couldn't see the grapevine as you passed over it. :mad::mad:

Michael

nice pics real and sim

Thanks Darren!

I just used the ORBX sale and bought software for Monument Valley and Gold Coast. I've been so busy with Monument Valley, I haven't gotten around to even checking out the Gold Coast yet.

If I feel the ORBX software is enough better to make a difference, I'll import some screenshots from there so everyone can compare them.

Michael

nice pics real and sim

Thanks Darren!

I just used the ORBX sale and bought software for Monument Valley and Gold Coast. I've been so busy with Monument Valley, I haven't gotten around to even checking out the Gold Coast yet.

If I feel the ORBX software is enough better to make a difference, I'll import some screenshots from there so everyone can compare them.

Michael

Archived