ERROR CODE 8-c0000006 for fsx

CessnaFlyer

I just tried to go flying and working on a virtual farm for a while and this popped up saying product activation error. how do I fix this short of uninstall/reinstall? cause I have time on all my A2A stuff and I really don't want to have to start on every thing again. the only thing I changed was installing the FSUIPC. that's a file called Install_FSUIPC490. I have had this problem before and it only seems to be because of this file. could this be or is there something wrong with my pc or flightsimulator?
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete also busted his tail, and in record time came out with this:

FSUIPC version 4.938b only, with Mouse Macro making now working in FSX-SE

Just in case you are using FSX-SE, that is. I am and it's been working flawlessly for me, although just the freeware (unregistered) version. Best way is to install 4.937, then replace the .dll with the latest (4.398a) variety.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

what is FSX-SE? if this fsuipc is the cause of this issue why put another one in there? the game runs with out it. and when I did have this in I did not notice any increase in performance or better frame rates. the only thing I did see was that it mucked up my flightsimulator.

OH! Sorry, I just wasn't sure...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

If you installed FSUIC for the purposes of increasing performance or frame rates, then you installed it for the wrong reason. Those are not features nor claims of FSUIPC.

It's purpose was to provide some compatibility features with old FS versions (mostly weather and multiplayer) and add some specialized tools for solving unique and difficult problems with controllers.

If you installed FSUIPC expecting your FSX to run better or not crash anymore or anything else besides customizing controllers (especially yokes and toe brakes) or adding a throttle reverser to the area under your low detent, then you should not have installed it. On the other side, FSUIPC does no harm if you are not using its features. It DOES like to be licensed to use certain features though. I've had it since day one and would never remove it.

One good reason to install it is if you want to use the FSrealWX Lite and for some reason the simconnect doesn't work. FSUIPC solves that problem by providing an alternate connection and no need to license it to do so. There are probably a half dozen add-ons which will inform you in their instructions that they rely on FSUIPC for some unusual feature. Believe it or not, there is a support forum for FSUIPC where every problem is solved one way or another. There are also DETAILED documents provided with the FSUIPC distribution. If you have ANY doubt what FSUIPC is good for and how to use it, you should be reading those docs.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

if this fsuipc is the cause of this issue... the only thing I did see was that it mucked up my flightsimulator.

If FSUIPC IS the cause (which I doubt given the activation error) why not just disable or delete it ?

In DLL.XML (same folder as FSX.CFG/open with Notepad) search for the FSUIPC entry and change Disabled from false to true

[size=2]
FSUIPC 4
[color=#ff0000][b]True[/b][/color]
Modules\FSUIPC4.dll
[/size]

or just delete the above lines.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

@ pvarn. that's just for multiplayer and fsx weather lite? well then I don't need it. cause I was told it fixes things in fsx that it would run better. I use the REX program for textures and weather cause the free programs I found did not work. so then something else is causing this code. I find out after a reformat.

"that's just for multiplayer and fsx weather lite?"

No.

"cause I was told it fixes things in fsx that it would run better"

There is one minor crash even FSUIPC "fixes" but it's more of a hack workaround. You do not need FSUIPC to enhance performance or prevent crashes.

"so then something else is causing this code. I find out after a reformat"

FSUIPC is generating the code. Remove FSUIPC as suggested above.

Reformat? I hope what you say in anger isn't what you really do. Totally unnecessary and a waste of time.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

so short of not having any add-ons at all in my simulator is there any way to reproduce this error and get rid of it? cause I installed another simulator to play and then flying went out the window. or is there something wrong with my sim?

"is there any way to reproduce this error"

Huh?

If the error goes away, fixed. If not...

"not having any add-ons at all in my simulator"

Huh?

All I and another poster asked is that you remove or disable FSUIPC to see if the error code you complained out goes away. I did not ask you to remove all your add-ons.

The reality is if you don't know what's causing your trouble, then the TRIAL and ERROR method is indeed the only successful and sure fire way to solve add-on problems. Systematically removing, testing and re-enabling is the only way. If add-ons is what makes life livable to you, then hey, welcome to the nasty world of FS. You can't just call up Microsoft tech support and ask them to fix the 200,000 add-on combinations out there.

If removing FSUIPC made the error go away but you WANT or NEED FSUIPC, then I suggest going to the FSUIPC support forum and getting your licensing problem fixed or doing some research on this error.

If you are asking whether you have to remove ALL your add-ons to get rid of all your troubles...

Well if all your add-ons you chose to use are broken, poorly supported, installed improperly, or just not a good idea based on your skill level and system limitations, then yes, I suggest sticking to a plain vanilla FS where the terrain is a lot safer to fly through.

Managing the world of add-ons is inherently risky. It takes time, patience, experience and good judgement to wade through it all. While FS was designed to allow thrid party developers to enhance the FS world, not all ad-ons play by the rules or are good choices for people who want to play it safe in a sure-thing world where everything is guaranteed.

As far as FSUIPC itself, the fact there are many thousands of people using it totally without trouble is proof it IS possible. I've been using a licensed version for many years without one glitch. If none of the add-ons you use need fsuipc and disabling it removes the nagging message, then you are WAY ahead of the game and you should consider this a WIN WIN.

Visit the FSUIPC support forum and keep in mind Peter does not have much patience for people who are not open minded. It also helps if he's getting paid for it by purchasing a license. Do some research on the forum before asking your question. Don't just jump in and ask a question that's already been asked and answered 400 times. If you installed an obsolete version of FSUIPC, you'll get no help at all.

http://forum.simflight.com/forum/30-fsuipc-support-pete-dowson-modules/

-Pv-

well all of the add-ons I have being scenery textures and aircraft don't need the fsuipc.dll and REX which is for weather and more realistic looking water skies and ground textures does not use it either. so I can delete that. but I am wondering if I activated fsx when I install it why does it have this error code and the multiplayer function is gone?

"but I am wondering if I activated fsx when I install it why does it have this error code and the multiplayer function is gone? "

Please explain this more carefully. Your wording is confusing. Instead of using "it" which assumes everyone understand what "it" is, use the exact words describing "it." In a computer world, accuracy and clarity are the fastest way to solve problems and avoid confusion. When there is confusion, questions and answers take forever. If that's the method you prefer, then eventually you'll stop getting help.

Tell us about the "multiplayer" that is gone. Describe what you are doing and what you expect to happen.

Keep in mind you are only going to get one problem at a time solved. If you have 40 problems and you try to solve them all at once with one solution, none of them will get fixed.

-Pv-

when I had this error come up I would close the error window and I would get the freeflight menue come up. but I also got a message that I have 30 minutes to play then I have to activate the software. cause fsx is in trial mode

FINALLY the full truth comes out.

Purchase a licensed copy of FSX. If your copy IS licensed, then you have re-installed FSX too many times. Contact Microsoft licensing support by phone and get your license reset.

-Pv-

Many times but not unlimited times. The license will also break if you put a new HD in the computer after installing FSX. All you need is the lic key and the number etched in the center of your disk to get going again. Why not?

Your sim is running in demo mode because it is not currently licensed. Until you call MS and get the license reset, the problems you have reported will continue. Somehow you thought demo mode was a normal mode for FS?

Demo mode disables the things you want to do (fly more than 30 minutes, install add-ons, run FSUIPC, use multiplayer, etc.)

A call to MS will solve all this. If I'm wrong, they will sort it out.

-Pv-

So with fsuipc you see the error, and get demo mode.

Fsuipc removed, no more error and no more demo mode?

Great I would say! Then best not install it again.

For most addons you don't need to have fsuipc at all.

The version of fsuipc you tried is pretty old.

If you ever want to install some addon that does require fsuipc, download the latest version from Pete Dowsons website. (the developer of fsuipc). Best not download it from other sources.

For now, if fsx works well without fsuipc just leave it out. Happy flights,

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"I have 30 minutes to play then I have to activate the software. cause fsx is in trial mode"

il88pp,

I agree expecting an outdated FSUIPC to behave properly is probably part of the OP's problem. However, from the quote above, it's FS in unlicensed demo mode which is the primary root of all this person's problems and not FSUIPC which at worst would not force FS into demo mode. The OP just got the FSUIPC dialog from not showing by removing FSUIPC which likely put up the code because FSX was in demo mode in the first place.

-Pv-

I thought he said earlier in the thread removing fsuipc fixed the error.

EDIT: I see what you mean. I'm not saying fsuipc caused any problem. But if it does not work for him, so be it. /edit

To OP CessnaFlyer: About fsuipc. Fsuipc works as an interface between some addons and fsx. A program like fsrealwx (weather) needs fsuipc to know where you are flying. So it knows what weather to send to fsx.

That's just one example, fsuipc probably does more. I'm no expert with it.

But basically it forms an interface between fsx and addons.

fsuipc registered does much more. It also forms an interface between controllers and fsx. Especially usefull when using panels with switches.

And registered has some other functions. Wind/weather smoothing, and setting up different button presets per plane. (different key/button profile for each aircraft)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i am the OP for this. lol. but I have a downloaded fsuipc.dll that came from here. but no it is not registered. and I don't use panels and switches. I have switches on my yoke. and like I say I use REX for weather as the fs weather lite did not work for me. and will calling MS work? because they stopped supporting fsx cause of it's age.

Archived