Lighting up some targets at dawn in the F-9 Cougar

mrzippy

I would think, Michael, that the proper test is DRINKING. Who gives a squeaking hoot about a cork, they are mostly screw-tops these days anyway. The world has gone mad, it's going to hell in a hand basket!!!

Klee,

You're exactly right! For example New Zealand laws now require a screw top. There is a reason for this and it has nothing to do with hell or a hand basket. It is because many people have discovered very, very expensive wines they've properly stored and cherished for decades taste terrible when opened. In short these unfortunate bottles of wine ARE NOT ENJOYABLE WHEN THEY ARE "CORKY!"

Corks themselves on occasion rot even when properly kept wet. And that rotten smell and taste ruins the precious fluids the cork was intended to hold till opened for consumption.

I, your HAOS, have bravely volunteered to assess various corked bottles of wine to see if they have become CORKY. Those that have been ruined

are disposed of in a safe and sanitary manner. Good examples are usually consumed right after testing because once opened they have a very short shelf life.:cool:

I feel it's the least I can do for the good of others!!;) I mean how embarrassing could it be to open a cherished bottle to share it with guests only to find it is CORKY!!??:o:o:mad::mad:

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Interesting discussion about corkscrews............ But I still don't see any bottle of my promised Chablis :mad:

Also good news: the Constructors finished my rebuilt home (after someone, who calls himself a "friend" destroyed it completely) I received the key but it looks like there are some minor issues......:eek::eek:

Wald-Wipflel-Weg.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting discussion about corkscrews............ But I still don't see any bottle of my promised Chablis :mad:

Also good news: the Constructors finished my rebuilt home (after someone, who calls himself a "friend" destroyed it completely) I received the key but it looks like there are some minor issues......:eek::eek:

Here's a little peace offering my friend! I just bought one today and it's sitting in the fridge getting cold!;)

BTW, great looking house! Looks about perfect!

Sorry, it's Chardonnay, not Chablis:( No corkscrew or plastic screwtop!

IMG_0221.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Jan,

It's obvious Mr Zippy means well!! And following his lead I will follow with a peace offering of my own. It's, sorry to say, not from as famous a wine vendor such as Trader Joe, home of "Two Buck Chuck." But after all the time I've spent with Corky Wines, this is the best I can offer! And in my defense, I'll add this is all that's left of a 5 Liter box!

wine.jpg

Please enjoy!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Michael, I humbly suggest that part of the responsibility of being a wine connoisseur and of acquiring premium quality Grand Crux is possessing a somewhat better than basic knowledge of the grape, the year, how the two will fair together, and of being ever watchful of the contents of the cellar. Unfortunately, there will always be the occasional bottle that fails to behave the way we expect and action such as that in which you seem to engage becomes necessary. When it happens to me, I quickly do a tasting. It is hoped that because of my superior overall knowledge (I am to wine what the Great and Natural Born noble Dutch Aviator is the aviation), I will (and most often do) catch the culprit just as it begins to act up. A quick tast advises me that it becomes tonight's sdalad dressing. However, if we are careful and constantly on our toes, not one drop of the precious fluid need be wasted.

Hi!

You should not tempt a Burgundy guy with a discussion about wine :)

In terms of Burgundy, the best is to rely upon a good seller and to taste a wine before buying -- which is not easy, in fact ;)

Here in Burgundy, we have the luck to shop at some reliable vendors along the 28 miles stretching from Dijon to after Beaune. On the other hand, some reliable supermarkets also may provide for good wines but the trouble is that you have to rely upon the shop's reputation as mostly they do not provide for tasting a wine before buying

Should you have the opportunity to spend some holiday in Burgundy, just go to those local producers and vendors, like in Beaune, for example, or Nuits St-Georges where the most important wine selling firms are located. Thence, as they allow tasting before buy, you likely will find good wines

Further, the other decisional factor is to rely upon 'good years' for a wine like defined by those vendors. For example, latest best years for Burgundy red wines are 2005 or 2015

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Archived