Any Ideas on how to get cloud shadows in FSX

Soar 21

Maybe your friends have DX10 preview turned on which is risky and unstable. There is a "fixer" add-on which was never 100% stable and unsupported by the developer. As mentioned, P3D is being developed to use higher DX version features with more effects and advanced shaders.

As for REX...

A September post from this year refers to a post from 2011:

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31496-cloud-shadows/

The best friends are truthful ones.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

FSX by default does not support cloud shadow. There is an addon for gliding that has its own clouds with shadows added but only for the clouds they add. DX10 is stable, and the Fixer is supported by the developer. DX10 doesnt add cloud shadows but does add cockpit shadows.
Intel 4790k@ 4.6 1.223V Gigabyte GAZ87X-UD3H, Gigabyte GTX 680 2Gig GPU, 8 Gig Cas 11 2100 Mhz ram, Win 7 64 Bit

... DX10 preview turned on which is risky and unstable. There is a "fixer" add-on which was never 100% stable and unsupported by the developer.

Paul, please stop spreading this rubbish.

There is no risk in running DX10, if you do not like it tun it off. Running it does not harm anything.

As stated above, Steve Parsons is supporting the DX10 Fixer, along with many simmers who support it as they support other addons.

I recommend at the least that everyone interested in DX10, I actually recommend it to anyone capable of running DX10, get the free shaders update that Steve has posted at Avsim.com.

Search for shader_release_v3.2.3.zip

I, and many others fly exclusively in DX10 Demo Mode and have less problems and better performance than I did in DX9.

Don't knock it until you have tried it and if, Paul, you have some specific examples of DX10 causing "risk" please give them rather than just posting general statements.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Paul, please stop spreading this rubbish.

There is no risk in running DX10, if you do not like it tun it off. Running it does not harm anything.

As stated above, Steve Parsons is supporting the DX10 Fixer, along with many simmers who support it as they support other addons.

I recommend at the least that everyone interested in DX10, I actually recommend it to anyone capable of running DX10, get the free shaders update that Steve has posted at Avsim.com.

Search for shader_release_v3.2.3.zip

I, and many others fly exclusively in DX10 Demo Mode and have less problems and better performance than I did in DX9.

Don't knock it until you have tried it and if, Paul, you have some specific examples of DX10 causing "risk" please give them rather than just posting general statements.

peace,

the Bean

Agree 100%. I've been using DX10 for years and Steve's fixer when he first released it. A huge improvement to FSX all round.

Ray

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I never reported it doesn't work for anyone.

-Pv-

No, what you said was...

DX10 preview turned on which is risky and unstable.

That statement is very simply not true.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived