How to turn the AC around in the chocks

jwlast

Simple question I'm sure that I just can't find the answer to.

So after taxiing in using GSX, sometimes it parks you tight against a wall or when choosing a free flight airport parking spot to start a flight in parks you facing right up against a fence.

My question is how do you change the aircrafts heading 90 or 180 degrees while still in the chocks without taxiing?

TIA

JT

Hey, don't discount the possibility.......

Sorry, discount already taken!

Use the slew mode, usually hitting the 'Y' key. then rudder will rotate you on the vertical axis (heading change, no bank). Then 'Y' again to exit slew.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Just so you know the "P" keys suggested above are for pushback which does not necessarily address your problem directly.

More detailed answer:

Not all aircraft models are programmed properly. Some have their parking types set wrong causing the sim to select the wrong type of parking position.

Also, there are errors in scenery where parking positions are ill-defined, not all allowing the appropriate space near buildings.

When you select a parking place in the airport menu, select the appropriate type (instead of just selecting the default.)

One work-around I favor is to create for yourself a number of saved flights with your favorite aircraft cold and dark at parking spaces you know are good after trying a few out. Load those saved flights when you want to fly that plane at that location. If you want to fly somewhere you haven't saved a flight, just load up a saved flight and use the airport menu to relocate yourself. Small and remote airports are more likely to have these kinds of errors than the major country international airports.

There are many other advantages to loading from saved flights, among them:

1) You gain more control over startup of the aircraft.

2) You can have all your controls, views, fuel load and windows preset to your favorite positions saving you a lot of time getting started on your taxi.

3) You are far less likely to have parking position conflicts with other multi-players when you know where you will pop up in the sim and your plane is under control.

Lastly, slew as mentioned is the preferred method of correcting your position when you find yourself hemmed in by buildings or other aircraft. Another effective means is to use the airport menu to choose another parking spot to see if it's better.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Here's the Slew thread-

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?286073-What-the-heck-is-quot-slew-quot-mode

Basically just hit 'Y' anytime to enter Slew mode which freezes the sim.

It's similar to pausing the game except for one big difference- in Slew you can move the plane to any place you want, usually by pushing/pulling the joystick, then hit 'Y' again to exit Slew.

Basically just hit 'Y' anytime to enter Slew mode which freezes the sim.

It's similar to pausing the game except for one big difference- in Slew you can move the plane to any place you want, usually by pushing/pulling the joystick, then hit 'Y' again to exit Slew.

The biggest difference between Slew Mode and Pause is the Slew does not stop the clock.

Time continues to tick by, AI continue to move, etc.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived