Contact points question

hjwalter

Hi all you experts, I have a technical question for you.

Many of my "heavies" have main gear bogie struts, i.e. four wheels on two axles on each main gear strut. The contact point section specifies a total of 12 wheels in total, 4 for each main gear strut, two for the middle strut under the fuselage and another two for the nose gear.

When viewing the replay of a landing with any of these heavies, I see that the rear two wheels sink through the runway surface until the two front wheels actually touch down. Only then do the two rear wheels come up into their correct positions and back onto the runway surface.

All four wheels on each main gear strut seem to be correctly specified in the contact points, in any case as far as their positions are concerned but is there any way to correct this very specific (visible only) problem ? A suspension problem maybe ?

Ideas anyone ?

Hans

Unfortunately it can't be corrected in the contact points, which only allow for single wheel main gear and either nose wheel or tail wheel.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived