Undulating speeds with AT throttle

hjwalter

Hi guys,

The engine power of quite a few of my aircraft undulates considerably between almost full power and idle when under auto-pilot/auto-throttle control. Probably a simple drag tweak somewhere but where ?

Thanks in advance for any welcome solutions.

Hans

Hi guys,

The engine power of quite a few of my aircraft undulates considerably between almost full power and idle when under auto-pilot/auto-throttle control. Probably a simple drag tweak somewhere but where ?

Thanks in advance for any welcome solutions.

Hans

This could be caused by the fuel_flow_gain setting in the aircraft.cfg being too low, the default is usually 0.002, but this can be increased up to 0.6 (for the Maddog MD80 which had this issue too).

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes, the fuel_flow_gain setting on the first problem plane I tested, was evidently (far) too low at 0.011. I increased it to 0.6 and that seems to have solved the problem. Thanks tiger1962.

Also thanks for your reaction mrzippy. The problem seemed to (have) show(n) itself at all altitudes, a little less during climb but far more pronounced at level flight.

Hans

Archived