How long for FSX

klfarley

my fsx does exactly what it says on the label, i can fly for 10 hours or more land at a foreign complex airport with no problems so it works! There is no doubt given time that x-plane and perhaps p3d will be better but for now the differences are minimal and although there are some huge differences in some areas the overall experience of fsx still takes a lot of beating

Welcome to Simhaven

steam driven P.C. with a gtx 1060 6gb, and 3 24" monitors running at 144hz but it still gives me good fps!

FSX will die in 5244 days (January 1, 2032). I know this to be true because I sacrificed a goat during the recent eclipse and the Gods shared this with me..........Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I'll keep using FSX for as long as computers'll run it. I also have X-Plane 11, P3D v2.5, & FlightGear, and out of the three FSX gets the most use. I've logged close to 6,000 hours on FSX:SE since mid-January of 2015 and I actually go through withdrawal symptoms if I don't fly it for more than a few weeks (true!).

I fly X-Plane 11 and FlightGear 2017 for serious IFR and VFR practice (though the ATC for both really blows) and every now and then I'll fly P3D 2.5 (I gave up on them after I paid $239 for the Professional version 2.5 and LM didn't even offer a discount on the then-newly released P3D v3.0. HMPH!).

I spend the majority of my FSX time flying long and short hops to locations that UPS flies into (in my trusty UPS 747-400, 747 BCF & 4F). I don't get tired of flying freight hauls because I use SmartCARS to keep track of how I handle the airplane--I fly for a virtual airline; the better you fly and manage your fuel, the more you get "paid," and any landings that you make that are over -400 fpm at touchdown are thrown out, so I have a greedy incentive to keep working at perfecting my landings. I did a 10-hour hop last week, Kennedy to Rio de Janiero and the flight got kicked because my landing was a teeth cracking, neck shortening -451 fpm at touchdown. :mad:

So as long as there's something interesting, exciting, and challenging for me to do in FSX, I'll keep on flying it...heck it's been over 11 years and I still ain't tired of it! :o

Happy flying!

APUtech

My problem is trying to move FSX to a different computer.

I have two versions. Standard and Delux. But I've used all the allowed installations.

I would like to install FSX on a better computer but the COPY PROTECTION won't let me.

Is there a way around the copy protection?

Bob Macklin

Seattle, Wa

FSX will die in 5244 days (January 1, 2032). I know this to be true because I sacrificed a goat during the recent eclipse and the Gods shared this with me..........Doug

Well Said!!:p

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I have two versions. Standard and Delux. But I've used all the allowed installations.

I would like to install FSX on a better computer but the COPY PROTECTION won't let me.

Bob Macklin

Seattle, Wa

Not sure what you mean by "copy protected" because FSX is not.

If you mean you are having trouble activating, then you call the AUTOMATED activation 1-800 number and a computer will ask you for your license key and will generate a new key. Do not call the MS help line.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

Bob Macklin

Seattle, Wa

Call the Microsoft product activation number for your country. The automated system should be able to reset it for you.

Archived