New Jersy and New York shore lines

Wonder if some one could identify for me what scenery BGLs would be involved in this area. I seem to have buggered something up. This area is just outside of Moorestown, NJ, 2NE in (GW3), the same for Staten Island too. Thanks if you can help.

Steve. (31448)

grab_018.jpg

I may have answered my own question. I removed HP928170.bgl and HL928170.bgl from Scenery/Name/scenery and that seems to have done the trick for the most part. Might help someone else in the future with the same concern.

Truly aggravating in the worst way, takes like FOREVER to isolate the offending bgl and it's true location. I'd have thought it would have been in Scenery/Namw.

I just de-activate THE WHOLE LOT and have done with it! The offending Ultimate Terrain (USA, Canada or Europe) .bgl's are any whose filenames with begin with these letters:

hlxxx - Inland River Coastlines

HLxxx - Inland Lakes Coastlines

I change .bgl to .xxx to de-activate them - DO NOT DELETE THEM! You'll get CTD's with no warnings and drive yourself mad!

Just to be sure I also de-activate ALL the default FS2004 coastlines with '//' in Terrain.cfg, e.g:

// Ocean Shorelines - Perennial

[Texture.1026] // ocean / white sand / perennial

Type=2

Size=4

ExcludeAutogen=1

MaskClassMap=3

//Textures=o_whitesand_ls.bmp

//Effect=wavecontroller

Again, DO NOT DELETE THOSE LINES! By de-activating the UT and default FS2004 coastlines (and wave effects, which can appear miles inland btw) you'll never see double coastlines again. If you also disable minor roads in the UT config utility, you won't have those wandering out into lakes and estuaries either. ;)

NJ.JPG

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

...and wave effects, which can appear miles inland btw...

Thanks! I'll have to try those suggestions.

Those waves are another issue I have at Cleveland - they are breaking over Burke Lakefront.

burke.jpg

One of my strangest anomalies (somewhere in Pennsylvania)

penn1.jpg

You're welcome. I've found a handy program which can batch rename files in seconds flat, it's called CKRename: http://www.ckrename.com-about.com/

Here's a quick 4-step guide:

1. Navigate to your scenery folder.

2. Highlight the filenames you want to change.

3. In Change Extension section, enter xxx in the Fixed window. (The Filename Preview list shows you what the files will be changed to).

4. Click the Rename button and you're done!

CKRename.JPG

To change them back, just select all the files with the .xxx suffix and enter .bgl in the Fixed field. Easy.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived