FSX Progressive Taxi (from gate to desired takeoff runway)

After getting clearance, Clarence from Ground you should notice at the bottom of the ATC box where you can click to activate "Progressive Taxi". Keep in mind at some or most of the smaller airports/airfields that there will be no "Progressive Taxi" available. At that point I go to my outside/topdown view to check my path to the appropriate runway.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

thanks mrzippy, but is there a way of turning on progressive taxi without getting clearance from fsx' atc? sometimes I don't use atc at all.

Not that I'm aware of. Without ATC instruction how would it know? ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

thanks mrzippy, but is there a way of turning on progressive taxi without getting clearance from fsx' atc? sometimes I don't use atc at all.

The only ability to turn on Progressive taxi is through the ATC window.

yeah true, but that's the whole thing. would the atc in fsx pick up the departing airport I choose in the fmc after executing it, or will it ignore it, and still assign me a departing runway the atc in fsx wants?

Beats me! I never use the FMC.

Or this one: Grendizer aka Goldorak aka Goldrake.
i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

yeah true, but that's the whole thing. would the atc in fsx pick up the departing airport I choose in the fmc after executing it, or will it ignore it, and still assign me a departing runway the atc in fsx wants?

ATC has no interest in how you've programmed the FMC (doesn't even bother if you have one).Departure runway is given based on local weather (wind direction mainly).

So, prior to programming your dept.rwy and SID, check the weather and choose an appropriate runway.

You'll have a good change ATC will give you your chosen runway directly (or in the "Select another runway" option).

Or program your FMC after receiving a departure runway.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Archived