Short Hop: Basse-Normandie to Bretagne

flyer8

Wow, so much great French scenery for FS2004, and for free. Dozens of detailed airports and so very close to one another. They provide short hops until your arms run out of strength. I really like the work of Pascal Dumat. His airports and scenery make me feel like I'm flying in France. Great work Pascal!

The attached images are from the following scenery...

Flight Simulator 9

France Landclass (Arnaud Clere)

LFRD - St-Malo Dinard Pleurtuit (Etienne Vauchez)

LFRF - Granville in the Pays de Loire scenery (Pascal Dumat)

Best Regards!

Mark

LFRF - Granville

001 LFRF - Granville .jpg

Granville Tower

002 Granville Tower.jpg

Turning South

003 Turning South.jpg

Sartilly

004 Sartilly.jpg

Mont Saint-Michel Bay

005 Mont Saint-Michel Bay.jpg

Mont Saint-Michel Abby

006 Mont Saint-Michel Abby.jpg

Big Sky

007 Big Sky.jpg

LFRD Short Final

008 LFRD Short Final.jpg

LFRD - Pleurtuit-St Malo

009 LFRD - Pleurtuit-St Malo.jpg

French Blue

010 French Blue.jpg

Great shots Flyer8, superb scenery displayed at it's best! I'm also a fan of M. Dumat and all his colleagues, their work is outstanding. Nice plane too, I hear Paris is worth a visit in Spring...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks Kenny, Phil, and MrTiger! It's fun to be a computer pilot, isn't it? Travelling without moving, and I think that line was from the movie "Dune". It's even more fun when you can share with others.

Best Regards and Thanks!

Mark

Your FS9 is quite spectacular, Mark, you favorably rival FSX! I'd be interested to know what, if anything other than what you have detaied above, you have done to achieve this level of perfection.

Your FS9 is quite spectacular, Mark, you favorably rival FSX! I'd be interested to know what, if anything other than what you have detaied above, you have done to achieve this level of perfection.

Thanks for that!

The nearest I can figure, it's the video card and driver. They are both very old and seem to respond well to the normal NVida Inspector settings used (see attached images). I would also make sure that msxml is configured correctly...which means I would check which msxml4.dll is currently being pointed to on my system. Sometimes when you use EditVoicePack or other utilities, they re-point the system msxml4.dll to a version which the utility supplied...which may or may not be useful.

Video...

NVida Inspector 1.9.7.2

GeForce 296.10 Driver - Signed Monday, March 05, 2012 04:50:04 PM

GeForce GTS 450 Video Card (8 Years old)

MSXML...

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)

MSXML 4.0 SP2 (Parser and SDK)

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\msxml4.dll

Another habit I have is to run DXTFixerX when installing anyting with a texture. That would include aircraft, AI objects, ships, library objects, scenery...anything with a texture. Save the original copy of textures found with errors and then let DXTFixerX fix them.

Here are the NVIDIA settings which I use...

NVidia Geforce GTS 450 - 296.10 Page 1

NVidia Geforce GTS 450 - 296.10 Page 1.jpg

NVidia Geforce GTS 450 - 296.10 Page 2

NVidia Geforce GTS 450 - 296.10 Page 2.jpg

NVidia Geforce GTS 450 - 296.10 Page 3

NVidia Geforce GTS 450 - 296.10 Page 3.jpg

Hope that helps!

Mark

Terrific FS9 shots! Just wish there was more 3rd party scenery and aircraft being made these days.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Archived