fsx window view

Had a quick look at the video.

It explains how to make the window image, but not how to install.

This is an addon in the File library that adds a cabin view. Image included I expect.

It will show youu how to install.

FSX - FSX Panels

FSX Passenger Wing View v20

[ Download | View ]

Name: passenger_wing_view_v20.zip

Size: 6,291,879 Date: 06-12-2015 Downloads: 244

FSX Passenger Wing View v20. Thank you for downloading this version of a passenger aircraft seat, a 2D cabin passenger panel, for use with various passenger views in FSX. Intended for airline aircraft. The pictures show inclusion in the default Douglas DC-3 aircraft. Both day and night textures are included. This version includes three different views. Not tested with FSX-Steam or P3D. By Timberleaf.

For more such files, click File library at the top of this page, click "advanced search".

Then type in: cabin view

and search.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

did you read the install instructions in the file I gave? Did it not work? Or could you not find the library at all?

Explain things. When you just say: "that did not help" we have no idea what we need to help you with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found the file and the instruction I read it and I tried installing it like that but it did not work. after making the view I got an AEP file and when I click on it adobe after effects opens and loads the view but I dont know how to get the view in fsx

but where must I put the file or do I leave it in my documents folder

An AEP file is a video file. I just guessing here, but I'm thinking you would not add this to FSX, but it would be added to an overall video of your flight.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

but where must I put the file or do I leave it in my documents folder

The YouTube vid in your OP shows how to make a video of FSX, not how to change FSX itself. Nothing that you do in Adobe After Effects can be added to FSX as anything, certainly not as a view.

So my question is, what exactly do you want to do? Are you trying to make a video of FSX or do you want to have that passenger window view when you fly in FSX?

A wing view in FSX is implemented as described in the download that il88 gave you. You add a Window definition to your panel.cfg, and by using the images that were supplied with the download as 2D panel popups you have a "frame" around your viewpoint where you can see through and look at the scenery. It can be challenging to place this view (=the camera definition) correctly when you want to actually see the wing of the aircraft. You may need a tool for that. And please note that not all addon aircraft actually have a wing when you are in the cockpit view - sometimes only the external model shows them and you have to place an external camera just right to get a nice view.

As a follow up:

I have just now downloaded the passenger wing view v12 and added it to the Aerosoft Airbus (A319).

2017-4-6_17-55-17-91.jpg

My observations:

- Adding it to the panel.cfg is straight forward enough, no surprises there

- But the AS Airbus does not have a wing modelled when you are in a VC view

- As a consequence I had to create an external camera in the "Aircraft" category and position it just right to get the correct view over the wing

- Then I called up the 2D popup from the "Views->Instrument panel" menu and got the result shown above.

I was only able to do this in a reasonable amount of time (10 minutes) because I used a visual camera position editor. Without such a tool you would have to guess the camera definition x,y,z and p,b,h values and eventually arrive at that position by countless trial&error sessions.

Here is the camera definition created for the screenshot above:

[CameraDefinition.036]

Title = "Right Passenger"

Guid = {5C0C951B-B02B-4859-9EE5-1608AC19B505}

Description = Right side passenger view

Origin = Center

ShowPanel = Yes

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel

SnapPbhReturn = No

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel

PanPbhReturn = No

Track = None

ShowAxis = No

AllowZoom = Yes

InitialZoom = 0.30

SmoothZoomTime = 5.00

ShowWeather = Yes

InitialXyz = 1.16, -0.12, -3.40

InitialPbh = 0, 0, 87

XyzAdjust = Yes

XyzRate = 0.25

XyzAccelleratorTime = 5.00

AllowPbhAdjust = Yes

ShowLensFlare=Yes

Category = Aircraft

MomentumEffect = No

ZoomPanScalar = 1.0

PitchPanRate = 20.0

HeadingPanRate = 60.0

Panacceleratortime = 5.0

Transition = No

ClipMode = Minimum

chasedistance = 30.0

chaseheading = 5.0

chasetime = 15.0

CycleHidden = No

If you make a video of an fsx flight, you can edit that video after flying.

To edit the video you made you can use adobe.

----------

If you want a view in fsx while you are playing and flying, you will need to use the method evm just explained. Or use the file that I gave the name of. From the file library.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Or use the file that I gave the name of. From the file library.

Hi il,

I did. Those files only contain the 2D "frame" of the passenger view. They do not set up a suitable camera position or make a wing appear where there is none. This must be done by the user.

Yes, thanks for that bit! I may even try that out in a posky. (though it is likely the coordinates won't fit. There are just so many posky planes. I may try some manual adjusting. I also installed a program recently to see coordinates (of lights) that may help too.)

I only mentioned that file as response to the James. To show I agree with what you said. (I saw you mentioned the same file).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, thanks for that bit! I may even try that out in a posky. (though it is likely the coordinates won't fit. There are just so many posky planes. I may try some manual adjusting. I also installed a program recently to see coordinates (of lights) that may help too.)

I only mentioned that file as response to the James. To show I agree with what you said.

Hi il,

I know, I didn't mean to critizise you!

I just find it important to mention that if someone downloads and installs these files, he will NOT see what is depicted in the screenshot. All the he/she will get is the window frame painted over the normal view.

Unless the aircraft.cfg accidentally has a camera definition in the right place, you will have to find that out yourself - and for many users that will mean entering a world of pain when they have to continually alter the aircraft.cfg until the correct spot is found. I was using CameraPosition X, so I was able to set up a camera definition and find the right place for it visually in a matter of seconds.

Best wishes

Oliver

:)

Same here! We are both just helping out.:)

I didn't feel offended at all. But it did make me realise I was on the wrong track at first.

Originally I thought the youtube vid was about creating a file to install in fsx..

I'm glad you and mrzippy cleared that up. Thanks!

Happy Flights!

il.:cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived