look ma, no hands

Allen Craig

I'm not sure about the one you listed, but hey, I'll take a look. Always open to suggestions :)

The best one I've found so far for helo's though is -FSX-ADDON--Helicopter-AutoPilot.zip . Now ask me where I got it LOL!

It's an updated version of Mr. Fassbender's AP, which is the gold standard of helicopter AP's. I strongly suggest giving it a shot. His site has not only the gauge, but complete installation instructions and a really nice tutorial on how to use it. Great AP for helicopters, really.

But like I say, maybe you found something better :D Who knows?

Pat☺

PS: I just took a look in the library, and can't find anything with that name. Can you post the zipfile name, or a link to the library entry? I'd like to take a look...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

My flight instructor (fixed wing) once told me AP was for wimps. I'm not sure she ever tried it....and so I forgive her for her ignorance..........
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

My flight instructor (fixed wing) once told me AP was for wimps. I'm not sure she ever tried it....and so I forgive her for her ignorance..........

That's true, for beginning students. For more experienced pilots it's a fatigue saver, among other things.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

...among other things.

One of the other things is trying to fly IFR without the aid of the Autopilot so ATC doesn't constantly get on your case from deviating from heading and altitude.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

With pleasure. Dirk Fassbender' AP, now with a Groundspeed panel (works awesome in hover to pick up sling loads) may be downloaded FROM HERE.

If you poke around his site a little, the tutorial on installation and usage is there too. IMO, the best helicopter AP made to date.

Just my opinion, though, and we all know about those... :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

;)

Glad I could help.

Enjoy!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived