New IBM powerhouse 100fps

Amtran618

And this is related to FSX how? :confused:

And and and.. And and

And this and is and related and to and fsx and let's and see and fsx and wouldn't and be and here and if and it and wasn't and for and fs1 and the and computer and that and fs1 and was and played and on and was and this and one

Swap Meet forum is that way ^^^
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

And this and is and related and to and fsx and let's and see and fsx and wouldn't and be and here and if and it and wasn't and for and fs1 and the and computer and that and fs1 and was and played and on and was and this and one

Like Spock says, there is much logic in this.

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/39/70/1714216127-spock_approves_by_kit_kat1982-d4mr6u1.jpg

It's related because this is the PC that led to Bruce Artwick licensing the subLogic Flightsim to Microsoft. Introduced in 1982, it was the first 16-bit desktop and led to the release of MSFS1 and then MSFS2 in 1984. As IBM said at the time "If flying your IBM PC got any more realistic, you'd need a license".....if they only knew then what we know now.....Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Yep, I still remember the sound of the 5.25" A-drive when you inserted your boot floppy into it and then turned power on....

Jorgen

Yes me too. Although I remember hearing it while using a Apple IIE.

However, like Apple, I have moved on over the years. In fact the Apple "Lisa" was the original machine that used the software that Gates copied and renamed Windows. So I suppose if you wanted to go back in time and claim one machine was responsible for the design of FS1, FSX, Steam, P3D, whatever, the Lisa should hold that title.

I see no reason anyone would consider paying $32 for a hugely out of date computer from IBM that wasn't much good when new. Or even paying $32 for a now hugely out of date but for its' time a real improvement over the competition trend-setter like the Lisa either.

Life goes on! ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Not entirely correct.

The graphical OS that pioneered Windows and MacOS was actually developed at Xerox's Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), and I don't recall for which computer. In fact, Steve Jobs actually sued Bill Gates and Mightysoft for pirating the graphical interface from Apple, but had to drop the suit when it was proved that he himself also "stole" the idea from Xerox.

Jorgen

The Alto. And it was called Smalltalk.

Thanks for that update. That's not at all how I understood it from reading the lawsuit at the time. Nor the way my friend who was a senior systems coordinator for Lisa when it first came out explained it either. But then, I'm sure she had skin in the game!

As I understood it, the court said one had a trash can and the other a recycle bin so they weren't the same.

Either way, even though the Lisa cost around $4,000 when it came out, I wouldn't pay the shipping on one sent to me for free.;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived