Where to install flight simulator

dpg

New laptop with a 1tb harddisk divided into C and D and a 256gb solid state harddisk

I would welcome any advice on the best place to install Fs9, CFS2, maybe FSX, and maybe CFS1.

Thanks in advance.

I'd install Windows on the ssd. Or use Image-software to move the old windows install to the ssd.

Install all programs to the ssd as well. With a hdd installing on a seperate drive made it run better. With an ssd it's not needed, it'll run just as good on the ssd.

With the Ssd becoming C, the hdd partitions will automatically become D and E. If you want you can just leave the partition sizes as they are now.

Once you have installed (or migrated with imaging software) Windows to the ssd, the old windows files on the Hdd partition (now is D ) will not be a startable OS. You can just save any personal files from locations like ((what is now D)-- my documents-- my pictures -- desktop- - etc. )

(you could also move such stuff before installing/moving Windows)

you move those personal files to E:

after there is nothing left on D that you need, you just format D from within windows. E will not be affecated. Neither will C.

You then have Win on C (256 ssd), and D (empty) and E (hdd, sizes as partitions are now.)

big advantage to having all programs on C.

You can make a system image of just C, which is enough to restore Win and all programs to a working state.

(again, restoring the Image of C, the other drives are unaffected and personal files are still there.)

With programs on several drives you would need to make an image of all drives.

Plus, restoring an image means restoring that WHOLE drive (or partition) to EXACTLY how it was when you made the Image.

I keep no personal files on C. So restoring an Image of C from a week ago I loose nothing important. My personal files on D and E are safe.

If I installed a new program yesterday, it will be gone after restoring a week old Image. But that's no problem, I can install it on C again.

A few times I suspected I accidentally installed a virus. Simple fix, restore a week old system Image of C , then don't install the virus again. ;) Worked a treat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New laptop with a 1tb harddisk divided into C and D and a 256gb solid state harddisk

I would welcome any advice on the best place to install Fs9, CFS2, maybe FSX, and maybe CFS1.

Thanks in advance.

Install Windows XP on your D partition, then install FS9, CFS2 and CFS1 into XP. If you really think you deserve the punishment, install FSX on either of your C or D partitions.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived