Runway Marker Lights

who4ever

Hi all. Regarding the Outer, Middle and Inner runway lights on the instrument console, when do they actually work? I have the MKR button engaged on the radio stack, but the lights never seem to light. Do I need to do something additional?

Thanks, Dave

Hi all. Regarding the Outer, Middle and Inner runway lights on the instrument console, when do they actually work? I have the MKR button engaged on the radio stack, but the lights never seem to light. Do I need to do something additional?

Thanks, Dave

Are you sure that your runway has the marker beacons? Are you getting the beeps as you pass over them? Is this a default aircraft panel or an addon?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I am pretty sure that KSFO (FSX default) has all the marker beacons all work. Both auditorily (is that a word??) and visually. IE: You can hear them on the radios, and see the lights light upon your panel. Both 28R and 19L, if I remember right.

Try giving that a try?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I am pretty sure that KSFO (FSX default) has all the marker beacons all work. Both auditorily (is that a word??) and visually. IE: You can hear them on the radios, and see the lights light upon your panel. Both 28R and 19L, if I remember right.

Try giving that a try?

Pat☺

+1 Yep they both work well! Auditorily?? No relation to Bigley, I hope!:rolleyes:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

+1 Yep they both work well! Auditorily?? No relation to Bigley, I hope!:rolleyes:

+1 as well. That's one of my favorite airports so I use it a lot.

FYI: I believe Auditorily and Bigley are first cousins. But they seem to have different priorities so they're probably not real close. ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I somehow just KNEW "auditorily" wasn't a word. I just knew it. Now Bigley, THAT guy I knew a while back. Had a very...warm heart. :D

Ha! Thought I was gonna say big, dincha :D :p

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Dave, looking with ADE at the MS stock supplied La Guardia, there are no marker beacons on any runway. However, if you have ADE, you can easily add them. Any distance, any runway.

Not true, 4 and 22 both have outer markers.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Dave, in view of what Bean said, here's a revised answer.

La Gaudia does indeed have Bean's outer marker on each of runways 04 and 22. You can't see that in ADE, because in each case, the marker is with the NDB, which hides the marker symbol.

I flew approaches to both runways with the stock Cessna 182, with NAV 1 set to the ILS frequency (110.5), MKR engaged on the radio stack, and the ADF set to the NDB frequency. In both cases, when flying over the NDB/outer marker, there was audio and the blue 'O' light came on, and the ADF arrow flipped 180 degrees.

As before, if you want more markers, on any runway, you can add those with ADE. In the case of LGA you might have to put at least one marker transmitter in the water, which could be an interesting engineering challenge :D .

Steve from Murwilllumbah.

La Gaudia does indeed have Bean's outer marker on each of runways 04 and 22. You can't see that in ADE, because in each case, the marker is with the NDB, which hides the marker symbol.

They are not my markers, they have always been there and yes, you can see them in ADE if you know where to look for them...

Capture.JPG

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived