Saitek Controls Acting Weird

jetinsp

At first I thought it was just a fluke, my flap switch on my Saitek throttle quadrant wasn't responding, so I went in and re-assigned it, but since making a flight several switches and controls stopped working, after setting things up again it still goes crazy again. Now rudder pedals stopped working! What's up!

Hmmmm,

I'm experiencing Saitek problems, go into devices and properties whilst in the SIM as when I opened that, magically all the buttons worked fine, until I closed the game controller settings then they don't work again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Seems we have two different problems in the same thread...

In both cases, I would check the USB ports, try to connect on another port and, if you don't have a power supply for the yoke, connect the rudder unit on a computer port, not on the yoke. I had weird troubles like that few years ago and it was cause by my power-supply who was "dying".

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Everyone who uses multiple devices powered by the USB ports at once really should BUY A POWERED USB HUB!!

Low voltage can and will cause all sorts of crazy glitches. It's also terrible for your motherboard as well!

Remember every device needs a specific wattage to work! So if you start losing voltage on your motherboard from using too many unpowered devices the amperage has to go up to produce the wattage needed. That means you're making much more heat in the computer and in the device. Nothing on your computer likes more heat!!:eek::eek::eek:

Spend the $10-$20 and buy a powered USB hub!! Like the old oil change commercial. You can pay a little now or a whole lot later!!;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I perfectly agree you Rupert. I passed there, few years ago. Just trying to help those guys, and had figure it was an output issue... And they didn't spec all rigs they got.

But, in my case, not all devices "like" to be connect on a powered hub. My radio/nav and multi Saitek panels don't work via a powered hub. No problems for other devices. I guess that depend of system and OS(and this and that..) we each are running. I had to "play piano" to find the right combination of USB connection. I had my lesson. I, now, monitor in real-time the system & memory resources as well as voltage and temperature of my rig.

Daniel

i7-4790K (16gig) on Z97X (G5) board/Win7 Ult(64) on SamsungPro SSD240/GTX970 OC on Asus VK278Q/FSX Gold+Accell on SamsungPro SSD120/Saitek yoke/rudder/radio-nav/multi/switch panels/Logitech G13 Pad/TrackIR 5/GMap on SamsungTab.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Archived