FSX Not Responding

Coates

Hi

My problem is that fsx suddenly stops working when i'm flying and After a minute of 5 fsx works again As there is nothing happening

PC spechs:

Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9450 (12M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

Asus P5W DH Deluxe (bios version 3001)

3 Gb DDR2-667 Ram

Gigabyte GT610 1gb VRAM

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

+Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throthle

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66 OC @2.80Ghz Asus P5W DH Deluxe Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 8GB Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti Windforce OC 500W PSU Samsung 950 EVO 250Gb SSD

SOMETHING is co-opting the FSX processing time.

If it's not within FSX it's from without.

Find it, and fix it. we cant help you any more than that because you fail to provide sufficient information.

Common causes include game saving tools inside FSX, anti-virus and other system scanning tools in your OS, even RAM exhaustion

Your system, with a CPU running at 2.66 GHz, 3 GB of RAM WILL easily be overwhelmed.

As Mallcott says, you will need to find out what tasks are running in the background, and stop or disable any and all that you can live without, as they "steal" the CPU cycles that FSX needs. A surprising number of people have a browser open with Facebook in the background, or something like iTunes.

You should also, if possible, add another GB of RAM to the system - no more than that, as your 32-bit Windows cannot address more than 4 GB.

Also take a look at Kosta's tweaking notes at the top of this august forum, they will help you getting the most out of your system.

Jorgen

Yeah there was 1 stick of my ram not working thats the reason why there is 3 gb ram
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66 OC @2.80Ghz Asus P5W DH Deluxe Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 8GB Gigabyte GTX 1050Ti Windforce OC 500W PSU Samsung 950 EVO 250Gb SSD

I get this error

Proces-id: d40

Starttime: 01d2644142065f7e

Endtime: 210

application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Report-id: 355dc378-d05d-11e6-ac4d-0018f38657f3

Slow CPU and slow Ram equal poor results with FSX! You appear to have both!! Back way off all the sliders, don't go with complicated clouds, forget about flying fancy planes and most add-on scenery. And yes, I'd certainly try to reduce what's happening in the background as well.

It sounds as though you're definitely due an upgrade of your hardware! If you do the build yourself it's amazingly more inexpensive than buying a box! And it's not much more complicated than building something with Lego Blocks!;)

Always remember FSX lives and dies by CPU and Ram speed. DON'T BUY WHAT'S MARKETED AS A "GAMING COMPUTER!!" Unless of course you're into the bang bang, car robbery, etc. action games. FSX needs exactly the opposite hardware as most of those "games!"

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived