Small start screen in FS2004

skyflyerblue

Hi all, I recently installed a new wide screen monitor with a hi res display. The FS2004 start-up screen is too small for me to read at this resolution, but the FS2004 program detail is great! Is there any way the start-up screen may be enlarged?

(Flight planner does not open correctly either and is unreadable. I know FS2004 was designed for 1024x768 screen res, but at this res it looks almost cartoonish. I like FS2004, it is still a great flight-sim even over FSX.

Any suggestions, other than upgrade to a newer sim?

Clear skies,

Hi,

How about using the Windows Magnifier. Start FS first and have it sitting at the startup screen.

Go to Windows Search. In Windows 7 you click on the Start button (lower left corner of the desktop) and type in Magnifier in the search box just above the button. It should be on the top of the list. Choose it.

When started, the screen will zoom 200% in full screen mode. Switch to FS (usually by moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen and choosing it from the taskbar) and do what you need to do. If it's off the screen, just move your mouse to that edge of the screen and it will scroll. You can change the zoom level, etc. when you start Magnifier using the small window that appears, or press Windows Key-+ or Windows Key-- anytime..

If you prefer, you can use Lens mode (Ctrl-Alt-L) or Docked mode (Ctrl-Alt-D), and back to full screen mode (Ctrl-Alt-F). Try them and see which you prefer.

When done, press Windows Key-Esc to exit Magnifier, and click Fly Now to head into FS.

PS. As long as you are in windowed mode, you can also use the Magnifier with the Flight Planner.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Archived