FSX Steam

jayvee43

Hi guys, Just a quick question. Now that I have my gaming PC running OK, I was wondering if there is something more pleasant to view than the usual FSX scenery?

At this moment I have FSX Deluxe edition. Installed and running with descent graphics, but there is a lot of video's out there that shows grass and butterfly and even dears on the runways. I looked into several sites off all kinds for payware add on's graphics. There are so much, I get all flustered. I even tried to write notes down about each, I still get all flustered.

Anyways, long story short. I am looking at the Microsoft supported steam site. I am looking at buying the big package 100 dollars worth. But If i do, do I have to uninstall my FSX deluxe to then install steam, or will it over-rite itself.

I'm sorry I just don't know enough.

Thanks

Jay

There is tons of addon scenery you can install that adds new textures, trees, buildings, the works.

Orbx is very good and popular, Aerosoft and flytampa among others have great airports and other visuals as well.

FSX:SE by itself won't do much to improve your graphics AFAIK, it's the addons that do it and those will work whether you use FSX Deluxe or FSX:SE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was wondering if there is something more pleasant to view than the usual FSX scenery?

While there are a lot of add-on sceneries that can make a difference, the ORBX packages are the ones I use, and there are times (even with low level flying) that I'm hard-pressed to tell it's not a photograph. You can download the free demo packages to get a taste of them. One demo is the Olympic peninsula in Washington state, and another is the Iceland demo.

Grass, butterflies, animals and even animated people are part of the ORBX packages, along with much else. I won't say there are no other packages with those things, but I'm not aware of any. And you don't have to change Deluxe to Steam just to do that. Go to the ORBX site to find what they have to offer.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

To answer your last question: Steam will live on your computer beside another FSX. You have FSX Deluxe installed. FSX:SE (which is FSX Gold. SP1, SP2, Acceleration, all that good stuff) will install also, so you'll have FSX, AND FSX:SE available.

Hope that helps.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

OK, Thanks guys for your help.

I think I got this ORBX all figured out. (I'm slow) (I'm old too) :rolleyes: Anyways.

1. I got FTX Central V3 installed.

2. I got Microsoft.Net Framework 4.5 installed also

3. I am about to purchase FTX Global $64.97 AUD

4. I will finish by buying a few individual airports. I chose Friday Harbor and Sekiu Airports.

to start. (I'm planing on more I'm sure)

5. I will try a few (freeware airports also)

My question: How safe is it to buy on line with a major CC since this company does not support PayPal at this time? And, or would you guys just wait until the company ORBX fixes things up with PP?

Again thanks a lot guys.

Archived