Stutter in exact same place

Hageneezz

Good evening all,

i have been dealing with stutters for quite a while now. I have been tweaking today, and noticed that when i take off on runway 10 atBergamo airport the sim stutters for a microsecond in the exact same spot everytime. can someone explain what causes this? I have been using the default FSX scenery

if it stutters in exactly the same place, I suspect that it is caused by a particular scenery object.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I've seen that and determined for me is was loading, or should I say overloading of certain objects. For me it would always happen when crossing an LOD10 gridline at KSAN which probably triggered loading certain scenery objects.

I would try turning your AI aircraft to 0%, boats to 0%, autogen buildings and trees to 0% too and any add-on scenery and re "fly" your same location slowing adding bits and pieces back in until you notice the stutter coming back. That could be a sign you have reached your system's potential for smooth simming. Just an idea.

Default scenery. How about aircraft, weather, things like that? Computer specs?

I was flying the Wilcopub Embraer 170 from the VC, other add ons i use are REX Texture Direct, and OpusFsx, i`ve tried several weather themes because i suspected weather had something to do with the stutter, but that was not the case.

I have a humble computer setup:

A Core i5 system running at 3,4 ghz. Windows 7 64 bit, a Nvidia 750GTX 2 gb videocard and i run the game from an SSD with only flightsimulator stuff on it..

Thanks for helping!

I've seen that and determined for me is was loading, or should I say overloading of certain objects. For me it would always happen when crossing an LOD10 gridline at KSAN which probably triggered loading certain scenery objects.

I would try turning your AI aircraft to 0%, boats to 0%, autogen buildings and trees to 0% too and any add-on scenery and re "fly" your same location slowing adding bits and pieces back in until you notice the stutter coming back. That could be a sign you have reached your system's potential for smooth simming. Just an idea.

I`ll try your suggestions, thanks so far!

With some fsx.cfg tweaking that 'modest' rig will fly FSX at 30 fps. Did you ever do some FSX.cfg tweaking? It is rather simple and will give you better performance. (See my specs). I get 30 fps (locked). No overclock on CPU or GPU. The tweaks make a LOT of difference.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

At the risk of sounding uninterested, I have to respond. This thread reminds me of the classic doctor thread where the patient says, it hurts when I do this. Then the doctor replies, "OK don't do that!"

Is there a airport, runway, etc. where that doesn't happen? If so you have a very specific scenery issue. At which point you have IMHO, two choices.

Your first choice is to not use that specific runway and takeoff situation. The second is to live with that "micro second stutter" and enjoy the rest of what FSX has to offer!!;)

This really isn't rocket science or a life and death situation! This is something we choose to do for enjoyment! Kick Back and enjoy what you have. Don't focus too much on what you wish you had!! You'll be much happier!!:cool::cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

With some fsx.cfg tweaking that 'modest' rig will fly FSX at 30 fps. Did you ever do some FSX.cfg tweaking? It is rather simple and will give you better performance. (See my specs). I get 30 fps (locked). No overclock on CPU or GPU. The tweaks make a LOT of difference.

Chuck B

Napamule

Yes, i have done some tweaking, probably overtweaked the game actually.

But, there never can be enough tweaks :), which tweaks do you use?

At the risk of sounding uninterested, I have to respond. This thread reminds me of the classic doctor thread where the patient says, it hurts when I do this. Then the doctor replies, "OK don't do that!"

Is there a airport, runway, etc. where that doesn't happen? If so you have a very specific scenery issue. At which point you have IMHO, two choices.

Your first choice is to not use that specific runway and takeoff situation. The second is to live with that "micro second stutter" and enjoy the rest of what FSX has to offer!!;)

This really isn't rocket science or a life and death situation! This is something we choose to do for enjoyment! Kick Back and enjoy what you have. Don't focus too much on what you wish you had!! You'll be much happier!!:cool::cool:

These are all good points, i`ll try to use the 'glass half full' approach more ;)

So i have done some testing, disabling ai traffic, autogen and such, and it turned out it was the ai traffic (i still use Traffic X by Just Flight). When i use Air Traffic Manager and have a maximum of 50 ai traffic aircraft, the stutter is gone. Does this mean that one of the ai aircraft has a texture problem or some other issue? Would like to know the stutter reason..

Thanks for helping me out so far! :cool:

perhaps go through the ai aircraft and look for the ones with the biggest texture files as the possible culprits. if you can identify which aircraft are active at the airport you are using, you could narrow it down.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Archived