Fsx on macbook pro

Aakash29

Hello Guys,

I have recently purchased a ,macbook pro 13 inch with 256 GB hard drive. however, i am planning to install windows on this mac. It would be using atleast 55 GB of the space. According to me, the number of add ons i am using, I don't think the space available will be enough. Therefore, i am planning to install fix on this computer with only fewer but important add ons. Others i am planning to use it with the hard drive (lenovo 1 TB) with a usb connection. Can i do that?

Another question is that i have my old laptop with me.

I am planning to use that pc with this pc on the network. but i do not have a wifi router at my place. can i use it with the mobile hotspot for just connecting them once and then disconnecting it from the hotspot? will they still remain connected?

Hello Guys,

I have recently purchased a ,macbook pro 13 inch with 256 GB hard drive. however, i am planning to install windows on this mac. It would be using atleast 55 GB of the space. According to me, the number of add ons i am using, I don't think the space available will be enough. Therefore, i am planning to install fix on this computer with only fewer but important add ons. Others i am planning to use it with the hard drive (lenovo 1 TB) with a usb connection. Can i do that?

Another question is that i have my old laptop with me.

I am planning to use that pc with this pc on the network. but i do not have a wifi router at my place. can i use it with the mobile hotspot for just connecting them once and then disconnecting it from the hotspot? will they still remain connected?

An external HDD with a USB connection will be S......L.....O.....W like a snail. Why not just connect the 2 laptops via a crossover cable?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

An external HDD with a USB connection will be S......L.....O.....W like a snail. Why not just connect the 2 laptops via a crossover cable?

If your Macbook Pro comes with USB 3.0 (which I think it does) then a USB 3.0 external hard drive running at 7200 will be more than adequate. Of course, an SSD is going to be much faster, but it'll cost you more. (sorry Mrzippy;))

Cheers

Dom

Why not replace the internal HDD with a larger capacity one, a new larger internal HDD would probably be cheaper than an external usb HDD.

Depending on the model, this isn't possible with recent MacBooks as the SSD is soldered to the motherboard. Same goes for RAM.

If your Macbook Pro comes with USB 3.0 (which I think it does) then a USB 3.0 external hard drive running at 7200 will be more than adequate. Of course, an SSD is going to be much faster, but it'll cost you more. (sorry Mrzippy;))

Cheers

Dom

The latest MacBook Pro models come with 4 Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports, while the previous generation had USB 3 ports and Thunderbolt 2 ports (depending on the model). All of the ports above will be fast enough to handle an external hard drive or SSD.

One other thing to remember... in general, running FS on a Laptop is going to generate a fair amount of Heat, and things are going to get a little warm inside that case. I have an elevated Laptop stand which leaves open spaces underneath, and I run a small Fan to help dissipate the warmth. It will make a big difference.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Archived