Polikarpov P02 problem

JAINE

Hi All.

Just installed the Ralph Kreibich Polikarov P0 2 into FS 2004, and it looks a nice plane. The problem is it tips onto its nose when it moves foreward, and then starts tumbling end over end. Anyone out there got a cure ? thanks in advance.

First thing to try is to check your frame rate value, if it is set for say 20, then increase it to unlimited & see if that cures it.

Secondly if the model is static at start up, press 'Y' (Slew) & see if the model moves up or down. If so then maybe the contact points need changing. After that it can be any number of things, start with changing the MoI values in the aircraft.cfg.

Hope that helps

Keith

The FS2004 version I found on Simviation. It has an extremely high startup/idle setting causing the engine to be revved up pretty high. Release the brake and starting to taxi very fast and jamming on the brakes again may cause a tumble.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It's also in the FS2004 library here, search for Ralf Kreibich Polikarpov. Man, this is a tweaker's heaven! For a start, the brakes are twice as strong as they should be... Then there's the contact points as Keith said above... It's time to call the A-Team, where's Napamule when you need him?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I just tried that aircraft. I agree with tiger1962 that the brakes are way over done and the engine needs way too much throttle just to keep running. Some slight adjustment to the main mounts so the tires look the slightest bit flat on the bottom hinting that the aircraft has some weight to it!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I'm right here. Are you 'Talking to me'...? Don't have that model. I can work on it if the $$ is right. (Overworked and underpaid...story of my life..). Might be they left out a comma or a period. It happens you know. If not, then it's the Ref Datum, MOI's, fuel tanks location, engine location, etc. The brakes alone shouldn't do that. But if they are '=5.0' then maybe. It's something else (it's never that easy). Will get it. Work on it and should be done by midnight (PST). How's that.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I'm right here. Are you 'Talking to me'...? Don't have that model. I can work on it if the $$ is right. (Overworked and underpaid...story of my life..). .

Chuck B

Napamule

Chuck, in the Readme of the aircraft, it IS stated by Ralf..

'This model, repaint, traffic and afcad-files are freeware. All modifications are welcome, but must remain free. No exceptions. User accepts all risk of use.'

So, you CANNOT charge for any modifications. Freeware MUST stay freeware! even any modifications.!

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Man, you are worse than the Canadians-they can't take a joke either (hehe). I was KIDDING about the '$$'. That'll be the day when I make a dime off of FltSimming. Ha!

Man this jobbie was totally messed up!!!!! But, I got it flying good. Won't tip over. Handles well. Used the Curtiss Jenny air file. Ziped it up. Ready for delivery. Where do you want it? I was going to upload to Media Fire but if only a few want the FDEs then PM me your email and it will be on it's way. I have 3 more hours left in me for tonight (am staying up late) but I can come back tomorrow around noonish and ck PM for emails. I am stuborn and sturdy. Poor but happy (haha).

Chuck B

Napamule

PS: I worked and fixed the Po2 model ONLY and not the other one. Tried my FDEs but it's different so I will need another day to TRY to fix the 'bomber' model.

Zippy. The brakes are 0.500 so that's not it. It had 100 gallons of fuel!! Cheesh. That's not right (reduced to 50 gals). The idle friction was the problem-reduced it to 0.650 and now it doesn't die on you. I can flatten the wheels if you want (or just don't LOOK at them - hehe). Ah me. Too much fun already.

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks Napamule! I love it when a plan comes together...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

No problem. It's cool. I like to use humor if possible. I am never (too) serious (even if it sounds like it sometimes). I am 76 yrs old and don't stress over NOTHING anymore. Ha.

This model was out in 2001 so it's long overdue for SOMEBODY to fix the FDEs. I uploaded the zip file to Media Fire with the cfg and air file for the Po2. Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/aja4bgz7zwdo9/Polikarpov_Po-2_FDEs .

Oh, it flys good in FSX Accel. All you need to do is to increase the 'power_scalar=1.4' (Engine) and 'thrust_scaler=1.4' (Propeller) otherwise it don't even go 80 kts. But with that it creeps on idle so I added PARKING BRAKE to hold it. And the pilots are animated! The prop is a little funky but only on idle. It's a keeper. Enjoy. I did.

Chuck B

Napamule

Archived