Getting to Know The F-35 Lightning II

flyboy208

Finally got my hands on Dino Cattaneo's freeware Lockheed - Martin F-35 package, which includes the USAF A, USMC B, and USN C variants. A very immersive aircraft, systems and avionics modeling are superb. Tried my hand with some carrier ops, flying the F-35C, did not make a trap and had to bolter. Then took the F-35B up for a spin. These aircraft are such a dream to fly. will have to read the manuals go get the proper NATOPS procedures for the STOVL operations concerning the B variant.

Enjoy! Mike

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sure it's a very capable aircraft, but it has all the style of an old Marantz turntable... none!

Highly impressive and entertaining pictures, as ever. The shock cones look especially fun. — Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

I'm sure it's a very capable aircraft, but it has all the style of an old Marantz turntable... none!

Highly impressive and entertaining pictures, as ever. The shock cones look especially fun. — Bob

Bob,

As far as classic style, I couldn't agree more, at least compared to the older war birds. But IMHO, all stealth machines look really weird! Check out some of the stealth designed warships!!:eek::eek::eek:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Bob,As far as classic style, I couldn't agree more, at least compared to the older war birds. But IMHO, all stealth machines look really weird! Check out some of the stealth designed warships!!:eek::eek::eek:

I guess form has always followed function. When the needs change so do the shapes.

Most WWII German bombers were hideous! Come to think of it many English ones weren't far behind. :confused: — Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Archived