Issues with ORBX West Wind Airstrip Freeware

Hello,

I have this freeware scenery and it looks great on my system.

FX_2016_oct_30_002.jpg

In the freeware documentation, it is specified :

Please note that this scenery is designed to work with FTX Pacific Northwest (FTX PNW)

Do you have it ?

Gérard

Greetings All,

I DO NOT have ORBX FTX scenery for WA State and ALL the Free ORBX airports that I have in WA run pretty much perfectly fine except West Wind.

I doubt that you'll get West Wind to run properly solely by adjusting the priority. Remember, the Orbx FTX regions use customized land class and generally correct for misplaced rivers, airfields and so on. And West Winds RELIES on that customization.

That being said, Orbx offers a no-time limit Demo of their Pacific Northwest Region. While I don't think that it covers West Wind, but it might convince you to purchase the full region... :pilot:

Respectfully,

Brian

That being said, Orbx offers a no-time limit Demo of their Pacific Northwest Region. While I don't think that it covers West Wind, but it might convince you to purchase the full region... :pilot:

Respectfully,

Brian

Sure works great for me! I have the Demo PNW and as long as you set it for Spring, all works well!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ok I set West Wind as #1 priority and its still the same. Unlike the other free orbx airports I have, I think West Wind specifically relies on the FTX WA State Scenery.

I've heard of the FTX PNW Scenery demo but didnt put much thought into it. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Also is the demo time limited or does it limit the coverage? If I only limits coverage and has no time limit I'm perfectly fine with that. :D

Based on the FTX website for the PNW demo, it looks really nice! Only covers the Olympic Peninsula but I'm fine with that! I'll definitely give this demo a try and if it works with little to no issues, It's a keeper! Because Washington is my home state and where I currently live in, as well as fly in heavily in FSX, I might eventually upgrade to the full version and buy it! Especially if Arlington Municipal Airport is redone! :D

Archived