NVidia Geforce GTX750 ti 2Gb - disappointing and frustrating

drbruce

Hi there,

Frustration has now set in.

I've just installed the NVidia GTX750 ti to my PC (upgraded from a GT9800) hoping that my framerates would suddenly go through the roof, but no.....

I've tweeked, adjusted, installed to one drive, tried another, tried Steam Version, everything but still can only get an average of about 15 FPS, dropping to 5 on a tight turn.

I have it attached to an AMD Phenom X4 (3.00GHz) with 4 GB of Ram.

Windows 10.

Hard drive new.

Help please required.

Thank you thank you.

Bruce

Man

I have a NVidia GTX570 1 GB , 3.30 Mhz Intel i5 and im getting on average of 40-50 FPS, even with all the sliders turned up.

Do you have any programs running in the backround? START > MSCONFIG> STARTUP

You should see what programs are running.

PC specs: Windows 7 pro 64 bit,Intel core i5 2500 CPU @3.3 Mhz,GFORCE GTX 570

8 Gb pc, 1 Gb video card. 500gb HD

Real world CPL pilot with 800 hours logged in single engine / multi engine aircraft

Hi there,

Thanks.

I run Enditall before every use.

B

How did you install the new drivers for the card? DDU used? Shaders refreshed?

More info needed - but to be honest FSX is a CPU not GPU-driven process when it comes to raw numbers and fps. It was a mistake to expect the card alone to improve anything, although you should be able to turn some sliders up without fps impact.

I run the gtx 750 ti with an i7 2600k at 4.5ghz (Air cooled) and the results are really good!

As previously mentioned Intel are far far better cpu's for fsx. A lot of the time an "equivalent" amd processor is no where near an Intel. And in some cases, lesser rated Intel's still perform better than a lot of higher amd's.

I have overclocked both my CPU and GPU, well worth doing. A common misconception is the "best" CPU and GPU you can afford is better. Actually, a balanced system with a CPU that compliments a GPU is far far better. Otherwise they end of limiting each other.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Something else to consider along with getting a better CPU is RAM - but this will be very dependant on the version of the OS you have installed. If you have the 64 bit version installed consider adding another 4Gb. If you have a 32 bit install then upgrading the RAM is not an option as it can only recognise/use a maximum of 4Gb.

The reason why you should consider more RAM is based on the following - the minimum that the Win 10 OS requires to run is 1Gb for a 32 bit install and 2Gb for a 64 bit install. So depending on your OS you will already only have 3 or 2 Gb of free RAM available following bootup. Add in other factors of how RAM is used by other programs (writing info to the HDD and loading textures to the GPU for example) you may only be getting a 1Gb or less of free RAM for use by FSX. This will obviously impact on the performance of the rig, irrespective of the CPU clock speed.

As FSX is a 32 bit program the maximum RAM it can access is also limited to 4GB. If you have 8Gb of RAM fitted it is more likely that FSX will be able to access a full 4Gb and thus perform better.

Regards

Brian

Something else to consider along with getting a better CPU is RAM - but this will be very dependant on the version of the OS you have installed. If you have the 64 bit version installed consider adding another 4Gb. If you have a 32 bit install then upgrading the RAM is not an option as it can only recognise/use a maximum of 4Gb.

The reason why you should consider more RAM is based on the following - the minimum that the Win 10 OS requires to run is 1Gb for a 32 bit install and 2Gb for a 64 bit install. So depending on your OS you will already only have 3 or 2 Gb of free RAM available following bootup. Add in other factors of how RAM is used by other programs (writing info to the HDD and loading textures to the GPU for example) you may only be getting a 1Gb or less of free RAM for use by FSX. This will obviously impact on the performance of the rig, irrespective of the CPU clock speed.

As FSX is a 32 bit program the maximum RAM it can access is also limited to 4GB. If you have 8Gb of RAM fitted it is more likely that FSX will be able to access a full 4Gb and thus perform better.

That's useful, thank you. I seem to remember there being somewhere in the config file that allowed you to tweak the ram setting and indeed a lot of the settings?

In fact there was a web site where you could send your system details to and it would send you back a config file that was tweaked to let your system work to its max?

Can anyone remember the link to it?

Thanks again.

B

That's useful, thank you. I seem to remember there being somewhere in the config file that allowed you to tweak the ram setting and indeed a lot of the settings?

In fact there was a web site where you could send your system details to and it would send you back a config file that was tweaked to let your system work to its max?

Can anyone remember the link to it?

Thanks again.

B

Jesus ‘Bojote’ Altuve and his tweaking your FSX.cfg is no longer working! Look for NickN's guide.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived