FSX General Aviation Aircraft Not Showing Up

avjones

After several months, I'm able to get a reasonable frame rate for FSX. But I've noticed that I can seen Commercial Aircraft on my FSX, but I seen no GA Airplanes. I've set the GA to 100% and would parked in I know an airport that would have GA aircraft, but nothing happens. If I move the commercial aircraft slider full or close I will see the 737', 747, and whatever. But again no GA aircraft. I know that GA and Commercial have there own settings. Even at 100% GA, no aircraft, 100% commercial plenty of commercial airplanes.

I do not know where what the library files are? Nothing has changed except using vpilot, and adding just a few addon aircrafts. I do not know which folder to go to to even see if any changes where made, have no idea which files to look for. Since I fly out of small airports I expect to see GA type aircraft, but I've done nothing that I know of that would keep GA from showing up. I assume that we are talking about FSX aircraft that came with the software not add-ons?

Ok, going back and looking. When I see commercial aviation it's the WOA aircraft that I have downloaded, no default FSX airplanes. I've moved those airplances to another folder and by doing that I see no aircraft at all, neither commercial or general aviation that belong to FSX. I have the sliders on both at 50%, I see vehicles, boats, and airport equipment. But still no other airplanes.

I do not know where what the library files are? Nothing has changed except using vpilot, and adding just a few addon aircrafts. I do not know which folder to go to to even see if any changes where made, have no idea which files to look for. Since I fly out of small airports I expect to see GA type aircraft, but I've done nothing that I know of that would keep GA from showing up. I assume that we are talking about FSX aircraft that came with the software not add-ons?

Ok, going back and looking. When I see commercial aviation it's the WOA aircraft that I have downloaded, no default FSX airplanes. I've moved those airplances to another folder and by doing that I see no aircraft at all, neither commercial or general aviation that belong to FSX. I have the sliders on both at 50%, I see vehicles, boats, and airport equipment. But still no other airplanes.

WOAI, even just airliners, wipes out all default plane files.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

WOAI, even just airliners, wipes out all default plane files.

You have to change the (WOAI)FS9 traffic.bgl's to FSX traffic.bgl's for instance with AIFP (freeware).

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Help me understand, the FSX airplanes that comes with FSX should in fact be seen when you have the traffic button on regardless of percentage, 5% to 100%. So if they are on, then I should see them at airports or in flight. I can select any of these aircraft originals or purchased to fly. But when I'm flying I see no other aircraft so why would i be worried about this WOAI. I do not have FS9, all WOA where downloaded from this site. All I get is something about a traffic.bgl file, which directory would it be in?

Help me understand, the FSX airplanes that comes with FSX should in fact be seen when you have the traffic button on regardless of percentage, 5% to 100%. So if they are on, then I should see them at airports or in flight. I can select any of these aircraft originals or purchased to fly. But when I'm flying I see no other aircraft so why would i be worried about this WOAI. I do not have FS9, all WOA where downloaded from this site. All I get is something about a traffic.bgl file, which directory would it be in?

trafficAircraft.bgl is in your FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder. This one .bgl is responsible for all "Default" AI traffic. Just one WOAI download that includes aircraft and flightplans that are not in FSX format will eliminate the default aircraft from showing as AI.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi avjones, if you download WOAI traffic for FSX nevertheless the traffic.bgl's are in the FS9 format! I don't not why this is not explained by the WOAI-installerprogram, but is so.

Test with AIFP if you have FS9 traffic BGL's and if you find some convert them with this program and delete the original downloaded bgl's... and you will see the FSX airplanes.

I found the library file and discovered that all the WOA airplanes were there, so I took a gamble and deleted them. After rebooting I was able to see General Aviation airplanes as well as commercial airplanes. I only deleted them the WOA files and nothing else.

You should not have deleted them. You should convert them to fsx-type plans.

When fs9-type and fsx-type plans are in FSX together you only see the planes fro the fs9-type plans.

See this long, at very complete, explanation.

If they are still in the recycle-bin, move the plans back. Then move them to a different folder outside of fsx to disable.

Here's that long and complete explanation:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?282842-Where-do-AI-airplanes-go

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found the library file and discovered that all the WOA airplanes were there, so I took a gamble and deleted them...

I never said you should delete the airplanes! I said you should convert the FS9plans to FSXplans and then you can delete the FS9plans. I myself renamed them to traffic...org instead of traffic...bgl. So I can later find the original bgl's.

Archived