preview direct X10 problem.

wizza52

Hello all! I'm new to the forum. hope someone can help me! I have a new computer...3.2gh CPU and GTX 960 graphics card and windows 10 with FSX installed absolutely fine.

I have REX essential installed. And other addons blah blah.

Simply this.....when I check preview DirectX10 in FSX settings my water graphics look...well...like not water! sort of pixelated something!! (sorry, don't know how to describe it really). when I uncheck DX10 the water is OK but not REX water...just so you know, I had REX on an old computer so I know what it should look like. I bought a new computer for the higher specs.

I cant figure it out. Ive changed the Graphics texture in fsx config to 4096 as in the manual'

Bit confused really!! (I need to learn how to send a screen shot..that might help.

In the meantime has anyone got any ideas.

Thank you.

Dave.

Bit confused really!! (I need to learn how to send a screen shot..that might help.

In the meantime has anyone got any ideas.

Thank you.

Dave.

Read through Smutley's tutorial for uploading screenshots to the forum posts! Be sure to click on each image to make it bigger and easier to see. You may need to use Steve's DX10 fixer if you plan on using DX10. Another possibility is another Graphics driver may be needed.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?219727-Tutorial-please&p=1506457#post1506457

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I've never touched the DX10 preview and never will.

Exactly my opinion 'til some 4 months ago...

I'm a very satisfied user of the DX10 fixer now.

But the thing with the fixer is you don't have to worry about add-on settings. Just act as if you're still using DX9. The above mentioned REX settings aren't even used on my setup.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Exactly my opinion 'til some 4 months ago...

I'm a very satisfied user of the DX10 fixer now.

But the thing with the fixer is you don't have to worry about add-on settings. Just act as if you're still using DX9. The above mentioned REX settings aren't even used on my setup.

Wim

Nah. Many of my favorite addons are not compatible with DX10, fixer or not. Speaking of, reading the walk thru of the fixer was enough to make my head spin. Like I said, too much BS to go thru with DX10.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it". My FSX isn't broke, and I dare not start messing around and actually break it.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Thanks all for the Reply! To be honest I thought because I had a high end graphics card I should be using dx10!. I'm still not sure I'm getting the best water features that rex offers....but I'll experiment with it without dx10 unchecked. I suppose it's a case of "watch this space". Thank you. Dave.

Archived